Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you know?

Did you know that Starbucks in Guatemala (there are 3 or 4 starbucks in Guatemala, only in Guatemala city) is the only coffee shop that carries some other country origin coffee than Guatemalan coffee.

It is true that Starbucks has not the best quality coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by TEAMCOFFEE View Post
    Hi, ensoluna,

I just wanted to thank you because I have been in the coffee business for only seven months and I have learned a lot from your posts.
    thank you very much. Also if you have any other questions, just post them here. I am sure that there are many other members who are willing to help. Thanks and good luck with your coffee business.
    Alex from Ensoluna S.A.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

The coffee farmer I work with has 100 noses (narices) the term he calls that. I took a coffee course and I had to smell the 100 fragrances, very interesting!
    what kind of course did you take? was it "cupping" course? did you practice with Le Nez du Cafe as this photo?

Did you know?-dlaoqutmae_img_id.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

thanks for kind words.
    I try to update at least one a day, so please keep reading and if you have any questions, please let us know.
    I will post my answers (as much as I know) to your questions right away.

Thanks ensoluna for sharing this information; I have learned a lot from you!
    no problem. as long as I am a member here, I will try to upload some coffee related information at least once a day. Keep on reading and if you have any questions, please let all of us know. have a good day.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

It is true that Starbucks has not the best quality coffee?
    I believe that their green coffee quality is pretty good. Well.. actually most of export standard coffee quality are pretty good, as long as they are good quality Arabica.

it is just that they tend to roast bit too dark (however, a lot of time, even I go there early in the morning to study with a cup of coffee. they have "blonde" which is light roast coffee. I like that coffee) For Latte, Flat White and all other "fu fu" drinks, I hardly ever order since they do not make them well.

And for their roasted bean sales, they are too old and too dark of roast for me to enjoy.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    what kind of course did you take? was it "cupping" course? did you practice with Le Nez du Cafe as this photo?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DLAoQuTMAe_img_id.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	8020
    Yes, it was "cupping" course, the fragrances were in the little bottles like the picture. Before the cupping course I had no idea why the coffee has different smells and about the score so, now I have more knowledge about my product but still I need to learn a lot!

Did you know that Luwak from "coffee luwak" is a small cat like animal that is related to other small carnivores (like weasels & Mongooses), but not really a feline. Also, it is commonly called "Civet" that is a shy, nocturnal animal that lives close to coffee plantations at night in the harvest season, eating the most ripe coffee cherries.

I don't know... personally, I do not think that they are cute enough to be domesticated.

Did you know?-aaacivetcats-400.jpgDid you know?-article-0-1821f3fb00000578-454_634x356.jpgDid you know?-luwakcoffeee.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

By the way, I guess some might wonder what a civet (Luwak) eats when it is not coffee harvest season (coffee harvest season is normally 3 to 4 month out of a year).
    they eat plants and animals, such as fruit, insects, eggs, birds, reptiles...etc

However, I wonder whether it is a curse or a blessing since luwak can choose and eat the best ripped coffee cherries during harvest season.
    I guess that it is a curse for luwak (since they get captured and caged and get forced to eat the cherries in coffee farms) and a blessing for the Indonesian coffee farms.

Did you know?-caged_civet_being_fed_coffee_bali.jpgDid you know?-caged-civet.jpgDid you know?-civet.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

"excelso" or "supremo"... doesn't it sound like "Italian" or something just "grand??"
    These are the terms that Colombian coffee industry uses for the size of the beans, not the quality of the beans!
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Did you know that the FIRST COFFEE HOUSES were called "Schools of Wisdom"? That is in the days in Constantinople.

then, you might be asking... What and when is Constantinople? it was the capital of the Byzantine (1261-1453). if so, where did it get the name of Constantinople? it came from its founder, Byzas Constantine I. hence..Constantinople.

then, you also might be asking, where the heck is Constantinople NOW? it is now called Istanbul city. Of course, that city is in Turkey.

then, .. what is the meaning of Istanbul? that means "in the city" in Greek.

this is coffee history 101. LOL

In the old days in Constantinople, the first coffeehouses were called qahveh khaneh (schools of wisdom) because they were the meeting places of men of arts and literatureIn the old days in Constantinople, the first coffeehouses were called qahveh khaneh (schools of wisdom) because they were the meeting places of men of arts and literature
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links