Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Thread: Did you know?

Banned
    Did you know that a grande coffee from starbucks has 4 times more of caffeine than a red bull? Yep. four times more!

Banned
    did you know that Seattle has the most coffee shops per capita? it has about one shop per 2,200 people.

Banned
    Did you know that coffee doesn’t just give us humans a buzz?

BEES get a buzz when drinking coffee (not actually "drinking coffee" but getting the honey from coffee flowers :+) and what’s even more interesting is that it supercharges their long-term memory!

How else do you think they find their way back to the same plant over and over again? (personally, just drinking coffee, four cups a day, is not enough to give me better memory, so I am taking some ginko biloba "with" coffee.... it has been 2 weeks... we will see how it goes...)

Banned
    Did you know that over 100 million gallons of milk per year is used by Starbucks coffee shops?

you can not really imagine how "big or much" is 100 million gallon? okay. it is 160 Olympic sized swimming pools...

What??? you never ever been to an Olympic sized pool?
    okay okay.

it is same as 1,600,000,000 cups of coffee. 1.6 billion cups of coffee !!!!

still don't get about the Olympic sized swimming pool?
    if a pool can take 10,000,000 cups of milk or coffee, then, it is one olympic sized pool :+)

here is Thursday Math for ya!!!

Banned
    Do you know that to brew cups of coffee daily, one third of the tap water used for drinking in North America is used. (I got this from web info, but I am not so certain this is true or not. 1/3 of all tap water used for drinking in N.America????? I don't know.. man... that seems very exaggerated)

Banned
    did you know that coffee is normally propagated by seed?
    the traditional method of planting coffee is to put 20 seeds in each hole at the "beginning" of the rainy season. Half is eliminated naturally.
    However, recently, it is cheaper and more secure way of buying small coffee plants (about 4 inches height) from local coffee farms for your own coffee farming.

Banned
    Did you know that according to New England Journal of Medicine, 2 cups of coffee a day can extend your life? (didn't say how long, but it clearly mentioned "extending your life!")

it also said that researchers aren't sure why, but people who drank this amount or more daily lived longer and were less likely to die of chronic conditions such as diabetes and heart disease.

IMHO, when they say "researchers aren't sure why", it does not really give me the confidence of their research results...

anyway, I am drinking double or triple of their recommended cups, so I should be A O...Kay.... :+)

Banned
    Also, some Norwegian study found that drinking coffee reduces pain. Office workers who took a coffee break felt less neck and shoulder pain during the workday.

probably, it wasn't due to coffee. Just get up and move around a bit. that would help.

if you ask me how to reduce pain in my body, I take a great pour over (Panama Geisha...nahhhh..I don't have enough money to buy it, so I am sticking with Bourbon/caturra mixture from my own farm :+) with two motrins.

Banned
    Did you know that iced coffee and cold coffee drinks now make up almost 25% of all coffee store menu items?

Practically unheard of a generation ago..... is this good or bad?
    what do you think?

Banned
    Did you know that about 70 million cups of coffee are consumed each day in UK?
    but what about tea? UK is known for tea country.
    they drink about 165 million cups of tea per day.

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links