Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Honestly idk what I spend on coffee! If I learned how to roast I think it would be much cheaper!

It`s very good question. There are some statistics how much spend money on the coffee male and female. On average, the women polled spent $2,327 dollars a year on coffee, while the men spent around $1,934. It`s incredible.

Super Moderator
    I drink coffee for free due to my job. If I was to spend money on coffee I would be over $5k a year. Thats being conservative. I have cut back my consumption to about six 16 oz cups a day black coffee a day. That works out to just under $15 a day. I am so glad I get free coffee.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    i almost forgot (just remembered after seeing topher's posting ha ha ha)
    I am also in coffee industry, so whenever I come back from Guatemala, I bring a lot of green beans and roast them at home.
    i guess that (home roasting and drinking my own coffee) could be 90% of total my coffee consumption.
    I would love to buys some beans from you if u ever have any available

I spend approximately $700 yearly on green coffee specifically for espresso. Recently did the math and what I roast/extract daily for my consumption as well as what the family consumes it costs around $4.50 per day. That factors in the coffee I roast as that's all I consume as well as the milk/syrup/sauce the family adds to theirs. I compared that total cost to local shops and if we as a family consumed in a shop what we do at home it would average $26 per day. Funny that people think they can't save money by doing coffee at home and what I roast/extract is by far better than anything I've ever found outside of home. Works for me!
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    thank you very much, but we are green bean exporter from Guatemala, so we sell our coffee as FOB Guatemala term.
    we do not have any green beans in stock in USA.
    thanks again.
    Well when u roast lmk so I can purchase some

I try to spend less than 5 bucks on a good instant coffee mix. Which I have now. Last along time

That was the main reason I started roasting. We were spending way to much money on coffee.

I'm the only one who drinks the french press coffee we make at home. So I'm doing only about 8 pounds a year and pay about $16 a pound at the moment. I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a Cafelat Robot espresso machine and a Niche Zero grinder so I'll need to start buying beans for espresso as well. And since the wife likes her decaf skinny mocha lattes, I'll be able to make her drinks for her and save her a ton on Starbucks garbage. And I'll get regular espresso beans for myself. My expenditure on coffee will increase, but probably not dramatically since we don't drink massive amounts of coffee.

I spend about $50 a month and it's reasonable I suppose

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links