How much to you spend on coffee?

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
Not including equipment, but just coffee, whether you're buying beans, Starbucking it or both.

Right now if I keep up what I have been doing the last few months it looks like I'll spend about $500 a year. A 12oz bag has been lasting me about 16 days.

Lets just say I've spent more on less!

So it's been a year since I decided to buy only fresh coffee with a roasted on date. Last April I started the thread and at that time I figured I would spend about $500. I just figured it up since it's the end January and exactly 1 year and I spent $666.02. So quite a bit more than I thought. Don't forget this includes shipping since I buy all my coffee online.

icasanova99

Dec 27, 2017
Visit site
I drink the coffee at work 5 days a week, but I bring in my own half and half. Plus what I get on weekends, I think I figured out that I average around $15-20 per month on coffee costs including filters and such.

YogaYoda

Oct 31, 2019
Visit site
I saw an instagram post by a coffee store I follow - Gustatory - and it read: "So, if a takeaway coffee from St*rbucks is £3.00, one coffee a day in one week will cost you £21.00. Did you know that you could receive 3 bags of high-quality speciality coffee by subscription for the same price? If each of these 3 bags contains 250g of wholebeans inside to make 10-15 coffees, you could make 30-45 coffees at home. That would probably last you a whole month... We're no finance advisors, but what are you waiting for? Better quality and cheaper. Win win. Sorry St*rbucks."

Original source - https://www.instagram.com/p/B4UcvOPhBK6/. Thought that post was quite apt for this topic! This is them: https://www.gustatory.co/

KristenRad

Nov 11, 2019
Kyiv
Visit site
It`s very good question. There are some statistics how much spend money on the coffee male and female. On average, the women polled spent $2,327 dollars a year on coffee, while the men spent around $1,934. It`s incredible.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I drink coffee for free due to my job. If I was to spend money on coffee I would be over $5k a year. Thats being conservative. I have cut back my consumption to about six 16 oz cups a day black coffee a day. That works out to just under $15 a day. I am so glad I get free coffee.

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
i almost forgot (just remembered after seeing topher's posting ha ha ha)
I am also in coffee industry, so whenever I come back from Guatemala, I bring a lot of green beans and roast them at home.
i guess that (home roasting and drinking my own coffee) could be 90% of total my coffee consumption.

I would love to buys some beans from you if u ever have any available

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I spend approximately $700 yearly on green coffee specifically for espresso. Recently did the math and what I roast/extract daily for my consumption as well as what the family consumes it costs around $4.50 per day. That factors in the coffee I roast as that's all I consume as well as the milk/syrup/sauce the family adds to theirs. I compared that total cost to local shops and if we as a family consumed in a shop what we do at home it would average $26 per day. Funny that people think they can't save money by doing coffee at home and what I roast/extract is by far better than anything I've ever found outside of home. Works for me!

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I'm the only one who drinks the french press coffee we make at home. So I'm doing only about 8 pounds a year and pay about $16 a pound at the moment. I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on a Cafelat Robot espresso machine and a Niche Zero grinder so I'll need to start buying beans for espresso as well. And since the wife likes her decaf skinny mocha lattes, I'll be able to make her drinks for her and save her a ton on Starbucks garbage. And I'll get regular espresso beans for myself. My expenditure on coffee will increase, but probably not dramatically since we don't drink massive amounts of coffee.