Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

How much to you spend on coffee?

Not including equipment, but just coffee, whether you're buying beans, Starbucking it or both.

Right now if I keep up what I have been doing the last few months it looks like I'll spend about $500 a year. A 12oz bag has been lasting me about 16 days.

Lets just say I've spent more on less!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffyjr View Post
    Not including equipment, but just coffee, whether you're buying beans, Starbucking it or both.
    Right now if I keep up what I have been doing the last few months it looks like I'll spend about $500 a year. A 12oz bag has been lasting me about 16 days.
    Lets just say I've spent more on less!
    let see.... I spend about $200 for buying coffee from forum members a year. (mainly for my wife's use while I am traveling). then, personally, probably I use $70 per month at coffee shop when I am in LA. When I travel... about $50 per month. So annually, $780 per year.

For espresso only (for myself and family members) I average roasting/consuming about 7.5-8# of green coffee monthly, so that equals around $55. Can vary slightly based on the blends I get from Sweet Maria's. A 19 gram double costs me around .32 on average, so I'm saving a ton by roasting/extracting at home. Most places I've been in charge $1.75-2.50 per double and most have been disappointing to say the least. I've been in the business and understand the cost of goods, equipment, operating cost, insurance, etc., but no way should a double shot be 6x more.
    Last edited by shadow745; 04-06-2017 at 04:31 PM.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

I do not want to calculate, or admit to, the amount I spend annually on coffee, but I buy 75 to 90 pounds of freshly roasted specialty coffee each year. That is for my wife and me. I also keep a coffeeholic daughter in the same coffee.

Between my wife and I we do about 2 pounds a week at an average of 5-6 dollars a pound so maybe a bit under 600. So I guess I'm not doing to bad...compared to some

Let's see, cost? The cost of coffee for me varies right now because I'm trying different types but it's not uncommon for me to pay about $6-$14 bucks for about 10-12 oz of coffee every two weeks. On occasion I've spent upwards of $20 dollars on a 1/2 pound that was for a Jamaican blue mountain. From time to time I fast from coffee so I don't consistently buy like that all year round.
    "There's coffee in that nebula."- Katherine Janeway

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRuth View Post
    Between my wife and I we do about 2 pounds a week at an average of 5-6 dollars a pound so maybe a bit under 600. So I guess I'm not doing to bad...compared to some
    "An average of $5 to $6 a pound of coffee"???? where do you get them? and what kind of coffee?

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    "An average of $5 to $6 a pound of coffee"???? where do you get them? and what kind of coffee?
    I would usually get them from sweet marias or mr. greenbeans, plus other various green bean sites; I try to look for sales. that has just been average and may be a bit on the low side, there have been plenty of times I would spend more than that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DLRuth View Post
    I would usually get them from sweet marias or mr. greenbeans, plus other various green bean sites; I try to look for sales. that has just been average and may be a bit on the low side, there have been plenty of times I would spend more than that.
    Sorry, I thought that you were buying "roasted beans" at $5 ?! LOL. for Green beans, yes, $5 to $6 is very reasonable.

That was the main reason I started roasting. We were spending way to much money on coffee.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links