Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47
    oh.. man.. this one I like :+)

Funniest Coffee mugs?-98.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

these are kind of funny looking coffee mugs... but they aren't normal kind of coffee cups that you can find in 99 cent stores or even in body&bath.
    this is something special for some special people.

can you guess that this is for and why the strange shape?
    does anyone know? (I am just testing anyone is reading my threads or not, ha ha ha & very educational at the same time)

Funniest Coffee mugs?-12.jpgFunniest Coffee mugs?-432.jpg
    Last edited by ensoluna; 02-14-2018 at 01:07 PM.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    these are kind of funny looking coffee mugs... but they aren't normal kind of coffee cups that you can find in 99 cent stores or even in body&bath.
    this is something special for some special people.

can you guess that this is for and why the strange shape?
    does anyone know? (I am just testing anyone is reading my threads or not, ha ha ha & very educational at the same time)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	9392Click image for larger version. 

Name:	432.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	9393
    I guess that no one is checking this posting or does not care to answer :+(

so, here is a hint. these cups are not for regular "joe" like us. they are very special cups for special people (I am not talking about the courageous & determined people who competes in Special Olympic) for some people who works for NASA???
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Another one for my wife.

Funniest Coffee mugs?-8.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

A great Movie.... (the chance of Tom Cruise getting the Oscar is getting smaller and smaller....)
    Funniest Coffee mugs?-09.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

I guess that no one is checking this posting or does not care to answer :+(

so, here is a hint. these cups are not for regular "joe" like us. they are very special cups for special people (I am not talking about the courageous & determined people who competes in Special Olympic) for some people who works for NASA???
    HERE ON EARTH, it’s easy to take things for granted. Drinking a cup of coffee, for example, is a shockingly simple act when you’re affected by gravity, yet it's infinitely more difficult once you leave Earth's atmosphere.

In space you don’t sip, you suck, from a bag. That's a good thing. The typical coffee cup simply doesn't work in low gravity, unless you want scalding hot liquid floating through the air.

It takes a special coffee cup to get liquid from an open container into an astronaut's mouth. It also takes a lot of science, as seen by the cup designed by Portland State University researchers. For the past year, scientists there have been developing a mug designed specifically to allow astronauts to sip on espresso (or other warm and frothy drinks) in low-gravity environments.

The cup's shape is odd—a little like a plastic baby boot—and was determined by mathematical models. Every curve and geometric shape is designed to encourage the controlled movement of liquid. You'll notice a pointed corner in the center of the cup; this strange bit of design is what makes it possible to drink liquids in low gravity. The corner essentially acts like a wick, using surface tension to guide liquid toward your mouth. As soon as an astronaut touches her mouth to the lip of the cup, a capillary connection is formed and the liquid travels up the vessel and forms sippable balls of coffee.

there you have it. they are for space floating men !!!!
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

HERE ON EARTH, it’s easy to take things for granted. Drinking a cup of coffee, for example, is a shockingly simple act when you’re affected by gravity, yet it's infinitely more difficult once you leave Earth's atmosphere.

In space you don’t sip, you suck, from a bag. That's a good thing. The typical coffee cup simply doesn't work in low gravity, unless you want scalding hot liquid floating through the air.

It takes a special coffee cup to get liquid from an open container into an astronaut's mouth. It also takes a lot of science, as seen by the cup designed by Portland State University researchers. For the past year, scientists there have been developing a mug designed specifically to allow astronauts to sip on espresso (or other warm and frothy drinks) in low-gravity environments.

The cup's shape is odd—a little like a plastic baby boot—and was determined by mathematical models. Every curve and geometric shape is designed to encourage the controlled movement of liquid. You'll notice a pointed corner in the center of the cup; this strange bit of design is what makes it possible to drink liquids in low gravity. The corner essentially acts like a wick, using surface tension to guide liquid toward your mouth. As soon as an astronaut touches her mouth to the lip of the cup, a capillary connection is formed and the liquid travels up the vessel and forms sippable balls of coffee.

there you have it. they are for space floating men !!!!
    by the way, as I read, this invention cost NASA a helluva lot of money, as you imagine. I am sure that those engineers / scientists do not get the minimum wage that McDonalds or Starbucks workers get. :+)

Let me give you another example. many many years ago, NASA had to come up with a "pen" that can write in space, again, gravity thing for the ink to follow thru. it took them many month of research and trial-error which cost them more than a million dollars of tax payer's money. (that would be the money we pay for the Gov't).

Finally after few million dollars, NASA finally made a pen that can write in space. (from the investment of making a pen, probably, they could have fed few villages for many years in Guatemala :+(

anyway, the story does not end here.
    do you know what Russian did? to write something in space?

I guess they were more practical, smart and money saving people.
    they JUST USED A PENCIL!!!!!
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

it is like T-rex trying to box. :+)

Funniest Coffee mugs?-7d521817d80384be00187591619abd6c.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Wowww.... I can not believe it. for over 12 hours, absolutely no posting...
    Hopefully Duffyjr might not the second coffee cup with a kitty. :+)

Funniest Coffee mugs?-3.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Yeah.. actually there are people who goes to Starbucks with their jammies.... if you ask me, so pathetic!

Funniest Coffee mugs?-76.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links