Banned

your definition of coffee culture?

I am sure that you already have heard of the term "coffee culture".
    but do you know what it means? I am sure that many of us has different definition of coffee culture, so it would be nice for you to participate in this posting, if you wish.

Generally speaking, coffee culture is what we call the social atmosphere around the action of drinking coffee in coffee shops or in your homes.
    It has its origins in the early 16th century coffee houses of Arabia where men would gather to talk and play games. And as coffee spread to different countries, specially in Europe, coffee houses became popular with intellectuals who would meet there to drink coffee, discuss different ideas and even brew revolutions.

Also coffee culture can also differ depending on where you are in the world. In Ethiopia, you might be invited to a very intricate drinking ceremony that last few hours or more. In Greece, you are more likely to be served a cold coffee rather than hot ones, and in British drink more instant coffee than other European countries.

Today, I think that mostly the coffee culture in cafes is the access to wifi where countless people comes and surf internet (unfortunately without much interaction with others... :+( very sad.) sitting there for hours and hours which drives the cafe owner crazy.... (wifi in cafe.. to have or not to have.. that is the question... of course, not for the customers, but for the owners)

your definition of coffee culture?-06cb7b51596c29a280112acfa288aef6.jpgyour definition of coffee culture?-1491580931458.jpegyour definition of coffee culture?-vietnam-coffee-phin.jpgyour definition of coffee culture?-wifi-cafe-int.jpgyour definition of coffee culture?-freewifi2.jpg

Banned
    99.99999%
    do you know what this is? this is the percentage of people who has not seen the real coffee plant nor eat ripped coffee fruit.

Yes, this belong to coffee culture, of course.
    if you have some money & time to spare, you can grow your own coffee plant at home. and you can buy them from amazon.com just type in coffee plant and it will give you a lot of choices. just choose the one that has best reviews and most reviews.

so, how do you grow your own plant?
    1. a good plant pod filled with fast draining potting soil.
    2. place to grow. average temp of 65 to 75 F. too hot too cold, you will kill the coffee plant. so temp is very important. Not directly under sunlight but indirect should be okay.
    3. frequently water so the soil will stay moist, but not soggy.
    4. when you get to the point where you need to worry about "enough space" for the plant, you have done very well. it can grow up to 10 feet, so you can prune it once in a while.

you should be able to get the coffee cherries in 3 to 5 years.
    good luck.

thank @ensoluna for this word of wisdom, got to love the information that you're providing us. Where are you getting them?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ellamor1993 View Post
    thank @ensoluna for this word of wisdom, got to love the information that you're providing us. Where are you getting them?
    my life and my job.
    that is what I do for living. I have two coffee farm, one roasting company, one cafeteria and one green bean exporting company in Guatemala, so I have learned and learning great deal from my coffee experience.

still I do not know a lot of things, obviously, so I still study everyday about coffee.
    thanks
    Last edited by ensoluna; 09-19-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links