Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Super Moderator
    I was super disappointed the other day. I was out of town and searched coffee near me. I went to the closest non chain shop. I walked in and there were about 6 customers doing their thing at the tables. I walked up and waited for the barista to appear. I asked who roasted their coffee and he had to go to the back to get the name off the bag. I then asked what the house drip was and he didn't understand. I gave up after I asked and he said umm...just regular coffee. I order an espresso for here and a a drip to go. I walked down to the espresso machine area and watched him pull the shot. I noticed the beans in the hopper were not completely roasted. I have seen some light roasts before but this was borderline cinnamon. I am not sure how the grinder was able to grind it. I took one sip and it was so sour. I muscled it down because I am weird like that. I don't complain I just don't return. Sadly I paid before I got my drinks....walked out with my drip and took one sip and spit it out and then threw the rest away. It was HORRIBLE. I paid 9 bucks for an espresso and a 16 oz drip with tip. I will never go there again.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

I have the feeling people on this forum have to grow, roast, and make their own coffee to meet their own standard.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    I was super disappointed the other day. I was out of town and searched coffee near me. I went to the closest non chain shop. I walked in and there were about 6 customers doing their thing at the tables. I walked up and waited for the barista to appear. I asked who roasted their coffee and he had to go to the back to get the name off the bag. I then asked what the house drip was and he didn't understand. I gave up after I asked and he said umm...just regular coffee. I order an espresso for here and a a drip to go. I walked down to the espresso machine area and watched him pull the shot. I noticed the beans in the hopper were not completely roasted. I have seen some light roasts before but this was borderline cinnamon. I am not sure how the grinder was able to grind it. I took one sip and it was so sour. I muscled it down because I am weird like that. I don't complain I just don't return. Sadly I paid before I got my drinks....walked out with my drip and took one sip and spit it out and then threw the rest away. It was HORRIBLE. I paid 9 bucks for an espresso and a 16 oz drip with tip. I will never go there again.
    I'm amazed that you didn't complain about the lousy coffee, especially the espresso.

Since you were out of town, and you don't plan to go back to that coffee shop, you could always post a bad review on Yelp or Trip Advisor. If no one complains, they'll keep on doing what they're doing. Posting a bad review would rattle their cages, and deter other people from being disappointed too.

I am also not likely to complain, but when I think of all the time and effort the ones who want to exceed expectations put into their choices of equipment, beans, training and customer service, I just have to pause and say...this should not be allowed to happen. People are being given an inferior experience by someone masquerading as a coffee house. It needs to be known that they are pretenders and not advocates of the best that coffee can be. Damn this pisses me off. Where was that shop Topher????????????

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    Sadly I paid before I got my drinks....walked out with my drip and took one sip and spit it out and then threw the rest away. It was HORRIBLE. I paid 9 bucks for an espresso and a 16 oz drip with tip. I will never go there again.
    can you go back and ask them to do it again or ask for the money back? how does that work in many coffee shops?
    will they just laugh at you and kick you out? or kind enough to apologize for bad coffee and re-do it again or even give you the money back?

I just wonder how other forum members think of this matter and whether they have some similar experiences or not.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peaberry View Post
    I am also not likely to complain, but when I think of all the time and effort the ones who want to exceed expectations put into their choices of equipment, beans, training and customer service, I just have to pause and say...this should not be allowed to happen. People are being given an inferior experience by someone masquerading as a coffee house. It needs to be known that they are pretenders and not advocates of the best that coffee can be. Damn this pisses me off. Where was that shop Topher????????????
    Unfortunately, too many people prefer not to complain, and they don't realize that they're doing more harm than good by not complaining. For a "nice" person, or someone who's shy. it's not an easy thing to do, but it needs to be done. A bad review on Yelp or Trip Advisor, or even an anonymous phone call to the coffee shop's owner or manager would work. Plus, it feels good to get even. (I think so anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    I have the feeling people on this forum have to grow, roast, and make their own coffee to meet their own standard.
    I don't grow, but do pick out high quality greens, roast them on a setup I devised/built, age to my specs, then extract for espresso as needed. Been home roasting for just over 3 years now and have been so satisfied I will probably never buy roasted coffee again. If I'm away from home I won't waste time/$ trying to find great espresso. I just grab a Monster or 2 as I know it will always be great/consistent can-to-can.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

lol) why drive for cofee shop, such a waste of time

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    . I just grab a Monster or 2 as I know it will always be great/consistent can-to-can.
    dont they have "coffee-flavored" Monster drinks now? they got so many different flavors and I can not keep a track.
    Personally I like the original Monster the best, flavor/taste wise.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by lifejourneys View Post
    lol) why drive for cofee shop, such a waste of time
    I guess that your lifejourneys will not take you to any great coffee shops around the world......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links