Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Well, once it goes to soul level, all spirits will be gone...

My water softener do add about 200 ppm salt into my drinking water. Maybe that's what makes it taste good.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    Well, once it goes to soul level, all spirits will be gone...

My water softener do add about 200 ppm salt into my drinking water. Maybe that's what makes it taste good.
    Not at all close to RO/pure water...

That's only for the whole house. I use a Whirlpool Central Water Filtration System WHEJL1 first, then goes to a Whirlpool WHES40 Water Softener to supply the whole house. For drinking water, I have a Whirlpool WHEMB40 under the sink which can even remove bacteria and viruses. Personally, I don't like the tank in most RO systems, the same reason I don't like to drink any water sitting there for a month...

That's only for the whole house. I use a Whirlpool Central Water Filtration System WHEJL1 first, then goes to a Whirlpool WHES40 Water Softener to supply the whole house. For drinking water, I have a Whirlpool WHEMB40 under the sink which can even remove bacteria and viruses. Personally, I don't like the tank in most RO systems, the same reason I don't like to drink any water sitting there for a month...
    That's still nothing close to RO water... it sounds like you have a nice filtration system which removes chlorine, bacteria, etc.. but not RO. RO completely removes everything from the water except the H2O modules... you have to use a separate filter to add minerals which enhance flavors. And you wouldn't be drinking month old water unless you didn't drink ANY water for a month.

If anybody counts on the minerals in water to survive, he'd be dead long time ago. If you don't believe me, pick any mineral in water, assuming you drink one gallon of water everyday, you can get a number in mg. Then try to see how much food you need to eat to get the same amount. I am pretty sure you will find a gallon of water is much more difficult to swallow.

If anybody counts on the minerals in water to survive, he'd be dead long time ago. If you don't believe me, pick any mineral in water, assuming you drink one gallon of water everyday, you can get a number in mg. Then try to see how much food you need to eat to get the same amount. I am pretty sure you will find a gallon of water is much more difficult to swallow.
    What does this have anything to do with the thread?

Exactly! Check who started talking about minerals under water thread!

Uhm... mineral contact has everything to do with the 'best water for coffee'...

pH probably has more...

Water softener replaces hardness in water, mostly calcium and magnesium, with sodium. This will turn water a little bit more acidic, which could be beneficial to coffee since it's acidic too. Hard water also has a bitter/astringent taste.
    Last edited by WhyCoffee; 07-18-2019 at 06:12 PM.

I just opened up a heating cartridge on a Jura E75 because I found water can't go through it. And here shows why:
    THE BEST water for making your coffee?-img_2738a.jpg
    So all the minerals in water, calcium/magnesium are precipitated onto the heating element. In other words, doesn't matter what kind of water you use, after the heating and before it touches your coffee, it's all soft water!

The only difference is to the heating element: hard water can disable it pretty quickly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links