Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BIC

Has your doctor ever told you to drink coffee as some sort of treatment?

I read some posting here about doctor telling someone to drink coffee as some sort of treatment.
    I was born when JFK was president (35th!) so I have gone to see doctors ..... A LOT.

But no doctors ever had told me to drink more coffee or tea for sickness or illness treatment.

however, I am sure that there are many or some who has had received coffee recommendations from their doctors.
    if there are some here, can you tell us why doctor told you to drink coffee?

When I was younger I had bad migraines when I was a kid and I mean really bad. I was prescribed caffeine pills for the migraines so I think yes coffee can be prescribed as a treatment

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by wstsider View Post
    When I was younger I had bad migraines when I was a kid and I mean really bad. I was prescribed caffeine pills for the migraines so I think yes coffee can be prescribed as a treatment
    Interesting....that the doctor prescribed caffeine pill instead of ibuprofen or aspirin...etc
    but did it work well? with caffeine pill?

Super Moderator
    The reason BC powder works so well is because it has caffeine in it.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Has your doctor ever told you to drink coffee as some sort of treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    Interesting....that the doctor prescribed caffeine pill instead of ibuprofen or aspirin...etc
    but did it work well? with caffeine pill?
    I had brain surgery in 91 and Iíll leave it at that because if i get into the details Iíll take a while! The side affects where severe migraines when I was younger and I had them bad. I couldnít stand the light and sounds and I was given multiple treatments and one of them where caffeine pills because the doctor tried everything on me and he was giving up, but he found out what worked for me and was an Imitrex injection Like an epi pen. I was given everything that u can imagine to try and control my migraines.
    Last edited by wstsider; 10-17-2019 at 05:25 PM.

A number of years ago I was listening to Dr Dean Edell on the radio - he has a talk show on health. I used to like him, now not so much.

Anyhow, a woman called in, she was in her early 30's, had just given birth to her first child, and was saying she was low on energy.

First, I can imagine a new mom would be low on energy, her body is going through enormous change, hormones are all over the map, she's likely putting in 22 hour days taking care of a new baby, and maybe more. So its no surprise she'd be tired. Dr Dean suggested she drink coffee to have more energy.

Personally, and I'm no doctor, but the first thing I'd suggest is looking into how she's sleeping (and how much), what she's eating, and what's going on in her life. Ya, coffee is nice, but I think there's better ways to attack her problem.

I'm the biggest coffee fan in the world but I thought that comment was irresponsible of Dr Dean.

Now, that said, I went through cancer treatment last year (1 year cancer free now!) and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. The love of coffee helped me get through that. When I was done with the treatment I treated myself to a new espresso machine, a new grinder and some new roasting gear. I probably spent way too much money but its one of the things in life I truly enjoy and I figure one has to have something they look forward to. Life, its strange, isn't it?

Enjoy life while you can, folks.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by N6GQ View Post
    Now, that said, I went through cancer treatment last year (1 year cancer free now!) and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. The love of coffee helped me get through that. When I was done with the treatment I treated myself to a new espresso machine, a new grinder and some new roasting gear. I probably spent way too much money but its one of the things in life I truly enjoy and I figure one has to have something they look forward to. Life, its strange, isn't it?

Enjoy life while you can, folks.
    VERY GLAD to hear that you are cancer free for a year. I just hope that you will be free forever...
    As I get older, I see so many people, family members, friends... dying from all types of cancers. sometimes, and already have twice, it comes too close to home.
    I am very happy that you have found the love of coffee and I am truly happy for you.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by naturalpuerh View Post
    Pu-erh tea has functions to kill the cancer cells.
    if you keep advertising about Pu-erh teas, the outcome might be worse than the cancel cells....ha ha ha

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    if you keep advertising about Pu-erh teas, the outcome might be worse than the cancel cells....ha ha ha
    Cancel cells....that's funny.

It's just a matter of time, if you know what I mean.

The Dr said to stop drinking coffee for high blood pressure, buuuuut, its ok to drink it as it helps with gout. Which took me twenty years to beat. im doing some caffeine pills now for a couple of weeks, and it cut my coffee consumption down 90%.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links