Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Coffee Ritual - Share Yours

Everybody has one and we would love to hear it...do you grind fresh beans, walk to a small cafe' and converse with a stranger, or enjoy time at home ?

Mine is pretty simple, it starts at about 5 am with a fresh cup of coffee, I check into the many different online communities I belong to, some family time and then it's off to work

Sounds allot like me.

Up at 5:30am grind my home roasted beans and brew in my Alessi coffee pot. Then proceed to wake up.

I get up and slide the top of my BUNN MHC over to the side. Fill it up with about 8oz of tap water. Pull the holder (so it starts to heat the water) put in my pod of the morning, and hit the brew button (with pulse option on). I then pull up to my dining room table, turn on my laptop, and start to surf while watching ESPN.

I'm a creature of habbit, so this literally goes down the same way everyday. It just puts the day in motion the right way for me =)

Favorite coffee ritual, weather and time permitting: first morning cup, freshly ground roasted coffee, sipping it and enjoying it while listening to the birds and wildlife in our backyard.

Mines quite laborious when broken down into steps, but it's smooth when you get used to it.
    Wake up, turn on brew boiler to preheat. Approx. 30 minutes later, turn on steam boiler to preheat. Top up grinder with fresh charge. Once machine is stable and hot, flush shower screen and portafilter to preheat, and wipe dry. Dose 1/2 grind into PF, shake to level, dose final 1/2, Stockfleths Move, usually a 1 pound tamp (grinder is adjusted accordingly), or a full 30 lb tamp if coarse grind. Load, lock and pull into pre-warmed latte cup. While shot is underway, fill steam pitcher 2/3rds full with cold milk, and begin steaming, while watching shot progress. Kill shot when it blonds. Complete steaming, knock and swirl pitcher to homogenize microfoam. Pour latte and rosette, serve. Puck-knock, rinse PF,dry and repeat process as needed. Mocha process is slightly different: I use a 'creamer' pitcher for two servings, add 2 scoops raw organic sugar, and two heaping teaspoons Rodelles Baking Cocoa (these are a whopping 5 dollars for 1.5 pounds at my Napa Costco!).Steam milk while pulling first of two shots directly into creamer pitcher. Stir until sugar and cocoa is dissolved and well-blended, and dispense into large cocoa mugs. Pour like latte and rosette, enjoy!

Thats easy, I set the coffee maker up before I go to bed so its brewing before I get up. Then I just pour it n drink. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bob1974 View Post
    Thats easy, I set the coffee maker up before I go to bed so its brewing before I get up. Then I just pour it n drink. Cheers
    Better than my in-laws..they microwave! LOL!

My addiction ritual begins at 3:00am. I start my day with 2 large cups of our finest roasted belnd. 50% Brazilian/50%Costa Rican. Bouya !!

My Saeco is acting up so I recently I pulled out my 30 year old Pavoni, cleaned it up, and am now bringing home ground coffee from work (shameless plug here for J. Martinez & Co.). i have been trying all the coffees we sell, but just came back to the espresso. I can see the importance of a good blend now.

The ritual is fill the Pavoni, turn on the machine, dose two filter baskets (one for my wife) and wait about five minutes for the machine to heat up. i steam the milk first, then pull two coffees and voila, two cappuccinos. The second cappuccino involves washing everything, and that's where the Pavoni is a lot less convenient than my quirky superautomatic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links