Opinion of Dunkin Donuts coffee?

CJevens

Apr 18, 2011
Arlington, Va
Visit site
I don't rank it high on my list of palatable experiences, but as JavaRob states, the doughnut goes a long way to add to the experience.

That being said, I cant remember the last time I visited. Maybe over a year ago while on a road trip?

Does anyone expect a culinary masterpiece when ordering a steak something or other from McDonalds? My point is, the expectations have to be inline with the target customer of the institution. Billions of people will not have the palate of the few.

USRobinson

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I think it depends I been to DDs where yeah like you say it tastes like hot water, but then I been to ones where okay its not the BEST place for coffee but its drinkable... I think it depends on what one you go to if you go to a DD in a really crappy area then yeah it usually tastes liek hot water but if you go to one in a more established area then I think you will see a difference...

Last edited:

estephens

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a fan. They rely way too much on their flavor shots to make their coffee taste good, when really they should concentrate on making their COFFEE taste good. I used to go there all the time and get coolattas, but there's no coffee in that. Yucky.

USRobinson

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Well I don't buy my coffee from there either... only thing I ever get from Starbucks is Chocolate Frapacionos and their new Strawberry one which tastes like ice cream :D

maram

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why people like the coffee in places like dunkin doughnuts and Krispy Kreme. I don't think there's better coffee than homemade coffee. I find the coffee in these place a little too watery and flavor-less

claytonbellmor

Jul 8, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
I always think of DD coffee as a dessert coffee. I load it up with cream and sugar, and it tastes amazing.

It's been hard to find a good cup here in the South (Georgia, North Carolina) but if you're in Massachusetts, and you're not being a smug coffee snob, you might get a good cup of joe!

PEBARTS

Jul 28, 2011
Brandon, MS
Visit site
Personally, I don't care for it, however I had a roommate from New Jersey (I'm from Mississippi) and he thought it was the best thing in the world. Maybe it has something to do with where you grew up? I suppose everything does to an extent...