Toured the world of coffee ( 3 stop tour)

jemcn79

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Me and my Coffee Friend D. Had a coffee tour the other day in his shop. This was one of my top coffee moments ever.

Ethiopian He used his Nespresso machine which uses a capsule
Instant Coffee from France Maison Du Cafe: Instant
Yemen (Sanani) French Press

The instant coffee was my favorite. This totally shocked me.
It was bold, had great flavor. Very surprising.

We had the question. What is expensive coffee supposed to taste like? The last offering we got for free from our friend who runs the company. They sell it for about $40.00 per pound. It was very smooth. No after taste. No bitterness. Some floral notes. Much like a very good breakfast blend. It did not impress me.

It was a fun time. We used small cups so had many sampling tastes. A must do again. We talked about or favorite cups of the past. and A lot of other random things.

jm

Randy G.

May 8, 2008
California
Visit site
It is VERY difficult to compare three different coffees when they are prepared in three different ways. And there is no debating what you liked best- that's a subjective issue. But if a good quality Yemen couldn't beat instant or a Nespresso pod, then the coffee was either old, poorly roasted, low-quality, mislabeled, or poorly brewed. Form your description I could beat all three with a home-roasted Bolivian brewed in an Espro press.But again, taste is subjective.