Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Growing your own Coffee trees.

This is a discussion on Growing your own Coffee trees. within the Coffee Table forums, part of the Coffee Addicts category; Hello coffee lovers ! I have been tending a small collection of coffee trees for 18 months. I had a few make their way to ...

Growing your own Coffee trees.

Hello coffee lovers !

I have been tending a small collection of coffee trees for 18 months. I had a few make their way to the mulch pile early on and then quickly learned what was needed to keep them happy and healthy. I start off with Keikis (young plants) from Kona, Hi. They take a week or so to bounce back from transport shock. The coolest is when a tree pushes out it's first laterals.

Tried several times to upload .jpg images. No love. Keep getting message "Invalid image". No instructions or parameters are listed (ie no help in the dialog box). I resized the images, that didnt work either. I tried hosting my images some where else and hot linking using a direct link to the image file, that failed as well.

Oh well.

2. # ADS

Sounds like a great project. Would love to see the pics.

Super Moderator
    It would be fantastic to be able to see photos of your coffee plants!

There seems to be a problem with photos on this Coffee Forum lately. I wish I could help, but I don't know the in's and out's of the forum software.

If you have a few minutes, would you please contact the forum administrators (we have a new one) Take a look at this message: http://www.coffeeforums.com/forum/mo...-everyone.html

Please let them know what you've tried and how it's not working. Or maybe post a new thread so other members who've had the same problem can let us know too???

If you go up to the top of your screen and click on Quick Links, and then click View Forum Leaders, you can see the list of administrators (in red). It may take a while to get a response, but hopefully it will get fixed.

Rose
    Last edited by PinkRose; 09-26-2012 at 07:38 AM.

Thank you all. I am very pleased with my mini orchard. (Can I call it that? roughly 30 trees?).

I will get pics here one way or another.
    Rose, as always, you are awesome. Thanks.

Unable to locate mods in the member list, the link Rose provided I can not access "Do not have permission".

Still getting "Image file not valid" while trying to upload a small jpeg photo. No specifications listed as to what is accepted.

Super Moderator
    Hello CJevens,

I was hoping the problem would have been resolved by now.

I'll see if I can contact someone to help.

Rose

Staff Member
    testing a photo upload ..

Growing your own Coffee trees.-coffee_art_06.jpeg

I think we've got the image uploading fixed. Sorry for the delay on this!

Super Moderator
    Hi again CJevens,

This morning I contacted one of the forum administrators (smalltowngirl), and she investigated and told me that the photo problem has now been resolved. Please try again to post one or two of your photos to see if it works.

Rose

Looking forward to seeing your pics. My buddy grew a couple trees (florida) that actually put out nice cherries. When ripened he picked and processed (best he could).
    There were only a few but of course we had to try and roast in a pan over a fire when I visited. Would have tried the home roaster but not enough beans. Anyways the taste was bad, maybe not mature enough. Either way fun expiremnet.

Would love to see images of your grove! I know that coffee smells from roasting but I have always wondered if they give off any smells or if they have flowers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ads