Lightbulb Question about people returning product.

Looking for some insight on what others are doing when people want to return part of their shipments. I handle them like a grocery store. Once a product is opened and used it isn't returnable. Sealed untouched product can be returned. What do you guys do. I'm used to selling computers and not coffee. Any insight would be awesome.

All of our coffee is shipped to the mainland from Hawaii. We refund it all as long as they return the unused portion. We discard even the unopened bags since we know it is no longer fresh and do not know for sure it wasn't mishandled. We try to work with the customer to determine what they didn't like and will replace it with a different roast if necessary.

In eight years we have only had someone want to return product twice. One thought the Kona coffee too mild, another was too dark so she took replacement in medium roast and has since become a regular customer.

Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by trk_koa View Post
    All of our coffee is shipped to the mainland from Hawaii. We refund it all as long as they return the unused portion. We discard even the unopened bags since we know it is no longer fresh and do not know for sure it wasn't mishandled. We try to work with the customer to determine what they didn't like and will replace it with a different roast if necessary.

In eight years we have only had someone want to return product twice. One thought the Kona coffee too mild, another was too dark so she took replacement in medium roast and has since become a regular customer.

Nancy
    Thanks and Aloha Nancy! I agree with the freshness is due once it's shipped it should be used or tossed because even though most people are honest you couldn't really sell that bag again because you never know if they put something inside. You wouldn't want to take that risk not even use it personally because you just never know.

I love the insight you brought to the table. Please PM your information I'm from Hawaii and love Kona. Mahalo!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links