Greetings from Washington DC!

ivorysailor

Hi!

I'm new here. Obviously.

I was approached this past year by a friend of mine about a vision he had to open a coffee shop/music venue in a downtown area outside DC. He needed help getting it off the ground and running the place and I have 5 years of food and beverage experience and I love coffee, so I jumped right in! We're currently in the 'branding/layout design/what-the-heck-are-we-doing phase' but the momentum is really picking up as we just started working with an architect, found our general contractor and our designer and just visited a possible location yesterday. I'm currently working as a GIS(mapping) Analyst which has absolutely nothing to do with coffee...but that seems to be a trend with coffee enthusiasts. Our target opening is early Spring 2015. I just found this forum earlier today and I'm excited to be able to join in with this awesome coffee community!

Cheers!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Congrats and welcome! There are loads of great people on this forum with a lot of knowledge! This is a friendly spam free forum...hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions about anything even if you feel its a stupid question. The only stupid idea is one that was implemented first before anyone bothered to ask what if!