Advertisements in Coffee Shops: Tacky?

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This brings up a point of coffee sleeves and coffee cups. How may people use coffee sleeves versus printed cups? I know that this depends alot on the number of cups used per day/month but was wondering if people had a preference or like/dislike about sleeves?
Brian

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
A lot of people use the coffee cup sleeves. They provide a nice buffer between the heat coming from the cup and your tender little fingers. In my experience, I'd say about 60% of the people that I serve use the sleeves. I know they almost always use them when they get hot chocolate or tea. We don't automatically put a sleeve on the cup when we serve them their beverage. They either have to ask for it, or they put it on the cup themselves when they visit the condiment area.

Rose

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
This brings up a point of coffee sleeves and coffee cups. How may people use coffee sleeves versus printed cups? I know that this depends alot on the number of cups used per day/month but was wondering if people had a preference or like/dislike about sleeves?
Brian

Personally, I use either or, but I do like the sleeves as opposed to the printed cups. I can't really put my finger on it... Oh wait... There it is.. As rose mentioned.. Temperature :)

ChopShopCoffee

Dec 6, 2012
Tukwila,WA
Visit site
I dont mind a local events board or what not but it has to be cleaned out often....they really do get WAY to cluttered with useless info. I think if coffee shops have any advertisement it should be about what they are doing and their product. that being said I love the placemat ads