AIE Impulse sealer question

Atredeis

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

My wife and I purchased a AIE-305HIM AIE-305HIM - 12 Inch Impulse Hand Sealer with 5mm Seal and Magnet after much research and review of forum posts.

It does a great job, however the magnet latch is a little off. It doesn't grab all of the time and the handle seems misaligned with the magnet.

Just wanted to ask if anyone has dealt with this before. This weekend, I'll dig into it and see what can be done.

Thanks!
-Paul

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
What Charlie said... you may have better luck getting an answer from the seller vs. a bunch of us interwebz experts. :)

I believe I have the same sealer as you, and noticed that the magnet and its mating disc don't align perfectly. But mine always grabs, unless I don't hold it down until it grabs. I haven't looked to see if there is any alignment that can be done with the magnet/disc/or hinge at the back. If you get no help from your seller, I would think about taking the top disc off, and drilling another mounting hole for it, 1/8" to the side so it hits the magnet more concentrically.

Lastly, and don't be insulted, but do you have the timer for the magnet set higher than zero?

Atredeis

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Heh. Don't worry Peter. I've read enough posts not to take anything personally.

Indeed the heat and cool are set greater than zero.

You mentioned holding it down until the magnet grabs. That may be part of it. How long would you estimate having to hold it?

It seems to grab instantly sometimes and needs to be held others.

Thanks!
-Paul

Atredeis

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Took a look and fixed it yesterday.

The washer that the magnet grabs wasn't going flat every time, hence if it was cocked it would pop open prematurely.

Long story short, there is a long bolt with two jam nuts which screws into the handle. Moving the jam nuts 1 turn (unscrewing the bolt) mad the washer sit flat every time.

Looks like it was adjusted (slightly) incorrectly from the factory.

Great sealer though, we've done close to a thousand bags on it with no trouble other than this.

Thanks for the help!
-Paul

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
I have the small 8" model and have used it for 21 years. except for replacing the band every once in awhile, never had issues with it.