Any espresso machine suggestion?

garydem

Feb 25, 2014
USA
Visit site
Are you sure these people (TACE) have any reps in America? I just talked to them, and they told me they don't have anybody in the DC area???

christopher1974

Mar 21, 2014
New York
Visit site
If you prefer cappuccino you’ll enjoy using the easy-to-use patented cappuccino frother, which includes a special chamber that mixes steam and milk to create a rich creamy froth achieving perfect drinks every time. You can enjoy espresso or cappuccino without worry with two separate thermostats that control water and steam pressure, so you can make both espresso or cappuccino at the perfect temperature with some top espresso machine.Other highlights include self-priming operation to eliminate pesky start-up preparation, a built-in tamper to take the guesswork out of tamping and a durable, high-quality stainless steel boiler to ensure many years of delicious espresso.
Some espresso machines only produced more a "darker coffee" then a real espresso. As if you really want to have a great cup with beautiful flavor, I advance you choose a coffee machine at least over $300.

Last edited:

jstouder

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Believe it or not, I have a Hamilton Beach Espresso machine! My husband thought it would be a perfect "beginners" machine! He also bought me a very nice burr grinder from Williams and Sonoma. I have had both for 3 years and have not failed me yet. We have a local coffee roaster, that also has a coffee shop at the hospital, that I purchase my espresso beans from. I make my own lattes here at home!

CPooley4

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm generally a "hands on" type of person, especially with my coffee (roast at home etc...). Can't remember the last time I brewed coffee other than with a V60 or a press. My wife tends to drive me crazy with her creamer (why ruin a perfect cup of coffee :)) and espresso drinks she purchases for $5+ dollars so I bit the bullet and decided to purchase an espresso maker for Mothers day. I'm also a bit frugal so spending hundreds of dollars for a top flight machine was out of the question.

After researching a bit I stumbled upon the Rok Espresso Maker (can't provide a link as my post count is less than 5, sorry). Took me a bit to dial it in, but am now making very good espresso consistently. Very simple design and easy to use in my opinion. Not for everyone of course as it requires a little more work, but it's the approach I enjoy. I use the Baratza Encore for my grinder at a setting of 5 and tamp it pretty hard.

kboom1

Nov 27, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Visit site
"You get what you pay for" definitely applies here.

Maintanence-free doesn't apply here; you should anticipate repairs. How long a machine lasts between repairs will vary, but that too is a crap-shoot. Who will do the service, how easy is it to work on if you want to be the one to work on it, how readily available are the parts, etc. are all good questions.

How enjoyable is the machine to work with, and how repeatable the results are is important too. How will the machine be used; straight espresso, milk drinks, for one person, a couple, parties? I don't do carpentry/home-repair for a living, but I buy the same tools 'they' use, not mainly because they will last longer, but a good well-designed tool is a pleasure to use; a Chinese-made hammer drill from Harbor Freight might last me the six times I'll use it in my life, but a nice Milwaukee hammer drill will make the job easier.

The question for anyone dabbling with the idea of espresso should really ask themselves 'why?'. Have they had really good espresso, and like it, or is it simply the idea that intrigues them. If a person genuinely knows what great shots can taste like and wants that in their home, then they need to be prepared to spend some serious money to do it. My theory is always to spend more than I think necessary so that I buy a machine that is more capable than my skillset and then grow into it, rather than spend less and find out that it won't perform the way I'd like, and then take a big hit on the drop in value to sell it and buy the equipment I should have bought in the first place.

In other words, It all depends how far down the rabbit hole your willing to go. Welcome to the beginning of coffee geekdom. Enjoy the journey

ura1205

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Enjoy delicious espresso made your way with De’Longhi’s pump espresso and cappuccino maker. You can choose to brew ground espresso or E.S.E pods with the unique patented dual filter holder. The Sempre Crema Filter, used with two measures of ground coffee, enhances the brewing process to produce a perfect crema. The E.S.E. (Easy Serving Espresso) Filter, used with pods or one measure of ground coffee, makes espresso preparation simple and convenient. Either way the choice is yours, making your espresso truly made to order. You can enjoy espresso or cappuccino without worry with two separate thermostats that control water and steam pressure, so you can make both espresso or cappuccino at the perfect temperature. If you prefer cappuccino you’ll enjoy using the easy-to-use patented cappuccino frother, which includes a special chamber that mixes steam and milk to create a rich creamy froth achieving perfect drinks every time. Other highlights include self-priming operation to eliminate pesky start-up preparation, a built-in tamper to take the guesswork out of tamping and a durable, high-quality stainless steel boiler to ensure many years of delicious espresso.