Barista wouldnt fill my drink to the rim

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Thanks!!!! I missed you as well. ;) I have been so damn busy helping opening few shops and also running mine. Did you know Peets coffee closed all their Mid-West stores? I will start a new topic on this.

Coffeefix

Dec 17, 2014
United Kingdom
Visit site
Sounds like a rude Barista that knows how you like your coffee more than you do...
If the drink was £2.00 I would of offered £1.50 - "I feel that's enough"
In a bad mood I would add the word "Muppet" quite loudly.

shadow745

Top Poster Of Month
Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Yeah lousy customer service for sure. When we operated a mobile coffee business it was nice not having to answer to anybody and the customer sure as hell isn't always right as you hear too often, BUT the customers are what ultimately keep the bills paid. Of the thousands we served in a short period of time I can recall maybe half a dozen that just were never satisfied regardless of what we did. Even a free drink didn't seem to please them. Then it becomes a matter of not giving a damn if they ever come back or not as you're not that desperate for business. Other than that handful of whiners we aimed to please every single customer. I'm more of a purist that doesn't like to bastardize good coffee with anything added to it, but had to realize everybody isn't that way. If they wanted a 12 oz. cappuccino, then I made it. If they wanted 152 degree milk I steamed it just like that. If they asked for a flat white soy chai latte because every other shop gave them way too much dry foam then I gave them no foam. If a customer asked for something not even close to what we had on the menu I was glad to do that as well if I had the ingredients on hand. Moral of my story is to be nice until it's time to not be nice, lmao!

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
Yeah lousy customer service for sure. When we operated a mobile coffee business it was nice not having to answer to anybody and the customer sure as hell isn't always right as you hear too often, BUT the customers are what ultimately keep the bills paid. Of the thousands we served in a short period of time I can recall maybe half a dozen that just were never satisfied regardless of what we did. Even a free drink didn't seem to please them. Then it becomes a matter of not giving a damn if they ever come back or not as you're not that desperate for business. Other than that handful of whiners we aimed to please every single customer. I'm more of a purist that doesn't like to bastardize good coffee with anything added to it, but had to realize everybody isn't that way. If they wanted a 12 oz. cappuccino, then I made it. If they wanted 152 degree milk I steamed it just like that. If they asked for a flat white soy chai latte because every other shop gave them way too much dry foam then I gave them no foam. If a customer asked for something not even close to what we had on the menu I was glad to do that as well if I had the ingredients on hand. Moral of my story is to be nice until it's time to not be nice, lmao!

Amen Shadow!!

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Second to that. You just can't please everyone. This guy came into my coffee shop and got himself a cup of coffee. And he started getting pretty pissy about how lousy my coffee was. So I asked him if I could make him another fresh cup with my drip brew at no extra charge. And I did. After I made him one of my best coffee, he was saying how expensive my coffee was and how awful my coffee tasted. So I offer to give him his money back since he didn't like my coffee. And I did. As he was leaving my store he said he was going to go to Star Bucks to get his coffee. But few mins later, one of my customer saw him drinking my coffee as he was driving away.

After the incident, I saw him at my shop buying coffee several times and I wanted to say something but I bit my tongue and never acknowledge his existence..... lol

Coffeefix

Dec 17, 2014
United Kingdom
Visit site
Second to that. You just can't please everyone. This guy came into my coffee shop and got himself a cup of coffee. And he started getting pretty pissy about how lousy my coffee was. So I asked him if I could make him another fresh cup with my drip brew at no extra charge. And I did. After I made him one of my best coffee, he was saying how expensive my coffee was and how awful my coffee tasted. So I offer to give him his money back since he didn't like my coffee. And I did. As he was leaving my store he said he was going to go to Star Bucks to get his coffee. But few mins later, one of my customer saw him drinking my coffee as he was driving away.

After the incident, I saw him at my shop buying coffee several times and I wanted to say something but I bit my tongue and never acknowledge his existence..... lol

Wow! Americans are far more polite than I ever imagined! When I gave him his money back I would of rolled the money into a neat tube shape, then folded it in half before giving it back to him. "To make it easier to put up your arse, Sir" - with a smile of course.