Bean Storage

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
I purchased the Vittle Vaults from US Plastics They have different sizes. One set holds about 10lbs of beans and the other holds near 20. These work great and are really airtight. Put some beans in that haven't fully degaussed and have fun trying to get the covers off. If you purchase more than one make sure the covers match the container. For some reason if you switch off covers they are sometimes difficult to spin back on. These can be used for anything such as cereal and other home food products. Amazon sells them also. 12 x 12 x 9.75 and 14 x 14 x 13 are the ones I use

Last edited:

shadow745

Top Poster Of Month
Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
What do you use to roast your coffee?

I don't roast, but had considered it in the past. By the time I factored in the price of a decent small batch roaster, green coffee, etc. it makes no sense for me to home roast when I get high quality coffee roasted to order for about $10/lb shipped. I buy this particular SO espresso blend in 5# bags and go through the storage process I outlined above. I have used thousands of pounds of this coffee at home and commercially and have found nothing else nationwide that can match it in taste, texture, cost, etc.

flphotog

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't roast, but had considered it in the past. By the time I factored in the price of a decent small batch roaster, green coffee, etc. it makes no sense for me to home roast when I get high quality coffee roasted to order for about $10/lb shipped. I buy this particular SO espresso blend in 5# bags and go through the storage process I outlined above. I have used thousands of pounds of this coffee at home and commercially and have found nothing else nationwide that can match it in taste, texture, cost, etc.

Sorry, I didn't notice the last line of your post until I after I posted that question.

I buy around 5lbs at a time, generally speaking. I'll typically vacuum seal, label with brand and roast date, and freeze until the night before I need them.
20141015_050812_zpsb0270fe1.jpg