Best Super Automatic Espresso Machine

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
That is where HD wants to spend little extra on. He wants to buy better bean but don't want to have hassle of employing barista. Which i can understand when you are not coffee shop. I just hope he doesn't settle on cheap stale coffee you have mentioned above. I just can't stand those people who try to sell you coffee and saying things like "Oh this is Italian coffee" "the best in Europe" or "This is very high quality roasted in Seattle" One of the new sales person said something really stupid and make cry laughing on the floor.... He said, " I heard they have small coffee farm in Italy and that is where this beans from"
I don't mind the servicing contracts that coffee distributors do, especially in a office setting where people can screw something up lol. But I hate how they force you to buy and use their beans as part of the package which are generally nothing other then relabled bulk roasted beans that have been sitting in their warehouses, or something like Lacrappa... I mean LaVazza heh. I know a few offices that don't care, but 1 literally throws out the servicer beans and buys their own fresh ones lol. And actually my dealership has a big Starbucks superauto, of which their supposed to use Starbucks beans as part of their package, but luckily one of the girls there is a coffee fiend and convinced mngt to buy fresh roasted. So a few months ago I'm in there and just made a coffee while I was waiting for my fiances new car to be checked out, 1st sip I was like "this isn't Charbucks?!?" to which they told me what they did haha

Superautos in settings like those are fine and coffee is drinkable with fresh roasted beans, just don't use them to make their "espresso" option, that's where even the Commercial ones lack.... unless you want a 15-20 second watered gusher of a shot with no crema lol

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Will the 30 cups be spread out throughout the day (3 or 4 an hour) or will they be back-to-back running the machine making one right after another?

You said it "won't be easy to get spares in my part of the world" Where are you located?

Last edited:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
The most of the home espresso machines are built to make around 5-10 cups a day for few years. Most of the home users do not use even 1/10 of that. You can use any home espresso machine at commercial setting but my biggest concern would be consistency of the product and reliability.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
CoffeeJunky is right on target. A home espresso machine won't hold up to so much use. You may get away with it for a while, but you'll have problems as time goes on. You're better off getting a commercial machine from the start.

YAS

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
CoffeeJunky is right on target. A home espresso machine won't hold up to so much use. You may get away with it for a while, but you'll have problems as time goes on. You're better off getting a commercial machine from the start.
It would be spread throughout the day. I am located in islamabad, pakistan. We have dozens of coffee shops here but they use commercial machines like la spaziale etc. I fear that in automatic machine, spares would be a headache but not impossible as import from Dubai is quick and easy.

I just wanted to have a feedback on delonghi machines along with any advice on a specific commercial automatic model. Even though my sale won't be huge, but the machine would last for years.

I checked Jura impressa series. A bit expensive though but seems good. Some folks at other forums mentioned that maintaining Jura is expensive with their descale tablets etc.

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
It would be spread throughout the day. I am located in islamabad, pakistan. We have dozens of coffee shops here but they use commercial machines like la spaziale etc. I fear that in automatic machine, spares would be a headache but not impossible as import from Dubai is quick and easy.

I just wanted to have a feedback on delonghi machines along with any advice on a specific commercial automatic model. Even though my sale won't be huge, but the machine would last for years.

I checked Jura impressa series. A bit expensive though but seems good. Some folks at other forums mentioned that maintaining Jura is expensive with their descale tablets etc.
A home one like a Delonghi at 30 cups a day, seriously doubt it'll last years. That's a lot of use and abuse even if spread out through the day, other issue will be the internal parts are proprietary (as are all superautos) so repairing yourself is pretty much impossible... would you have a servicing center nearby for any trouble? Better yet what is your budget? B/c you keep mentioning commercial but commercial supers can go for over $10k+.

You still need to use cleaning tablets in the delonghi, or any superauto.

Last edited:

YAS

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
A home one like a Delonghi at 30 cups a day, seriously doubt it'll last years. That's a lot of use and abuse even if spread out through the day, other issue will be the internal parts are proprietary (as are all superautos) so repairing yourself is pretty much impossible... would you have a servicing center nearby for any trouble? Better yet what is your budget? B/c you keep mentioning commercial but commercial supers can go for over $10k+.

You still need to use cleaning tablets in the delonghi, or any superauto.

Yes that's my problem. I am have to buy a machine which can handle 30-40 servings per day and costs below $5000. There are few manufacturers selling models which they claim are designed to be used for business. Pls google, as I cant paste links, cino xs grande by rheavendors, Jura Impressa series, costing around $2500 to $3000. No official technical support available here. But I am sure there would be guys able to fix coffee machines b/c we have 100s of cafes all over the country. Please recommend me some models, as I might be going to US in few days time. Would be nice If I am able to bring coffee machine along. Thanks.

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
It's easier in the states as there are companies you can buy/lease from and it includes a service contract (their generally approved by the vendor and trained to work on, or worst case deal with the vendor for warranty/problem stuff where the machine has to be shipped back). If you just buy it normally you may be SOL unless you can find something like that in your country who will do a service contract for you, the Jura Impressa is a step above the normal home ones and is popular in office settings. But like I said, they don't just buy it from a company like Seattle Coffee Gear (though I'm sure some have), they find a coffee company in their area that will contract machines like this and service them (just like companies that lease large expensive copy machines for office use etc).

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
In buying a machine, consider how intricate the machine is, and how easy it will be to maintain and clean. Since you plan to invest a machine for commercial, be sure to invest in a proper, high quality bean grinder and must learn how to use it.

Super Automatic machines have all the bells and whistles including a built in apparatus and other related gadgets. It is easy to operate because the operation is spoon feeding but the price is quiet higher compared to other machines. You don’t need an experience baristas with this kind of machine, but you need to be extra careful because its parts are sensitive. This machine is available in the internet; just choose the one that is ideal in your place.

RolandPluut

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, it really depends what you're looking for: high volume output of top quality? The recent HOST Fair in Milano offered many insights into the wide variation available. For both commercial and for home use. Even in case you contact a local company, first decide which performance you want from the super espresso machine you look for, or the quality of coffee you're aiming to serve. Good luck, Roland Pluut