Buying first commercial roaster

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
True...I converted that Toper to American motors. I had a great fabricator that helped me any time I had issues. The rear collar broke once and the drum dropped. We had to pull the drum off the 120 kilo to replace the collar. That was not fun at all....

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
True...I converted that Toper to American motors. I had a great fabricator that helped me any time I had issues. The rear collar broke once and the drum dropped. We had to pull the drum off the 120 kilo to replace the collar. That was not fun at all....[/QUOTE

Wow that heavy?
That is not an easy thing to do... when things are that heavy.
My family own cleaning business and once I had to replace bearing on a cleaning drum and I dont think that weigh more then 70kg and taht was also real pain in the behind... I just can imagine what you had to do to get that 120 kg drum out of there....

Jettore

Mar 13, 2013
Philadelphia
Visit site
This is a great turn in the conversation because I have been putting a lot of thought to topic of replacement parts. I am really concerned about the delay in getting parts for the North Coffee unit if needed, but the other option I am looking at would be from Turkey so either option may not be great for fast replacement parts.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
things have changed since I had my issue with my 120k...From what I can see they have addressed that issue. Ambex comes from Turkey as well but all parts except frame are American. couple others are good as well....Ozturk is also a great brand.

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Alibaba website i heard from my wife, she told me that 50% seller are trading company, not real manufacturer. I found NORTH COFFEE on google.
Where are you in? I bought 1kg black electric coffee roaster, they also have red color, i preper black.
3.jpg

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
NORTH COFFEE sent spare parts pricelist to me before i placed my order and they also can send some easy-ware parts to me free with machine together, cause i asked them how do you keep one year warranty? They answered me provide parts to me free for easy-wear within one year. But i need to pay express fee. Maybe some parts i also can buy in my local market i guess.... Price is ok compare to local roaster...

Hankua

Nov 11, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Visit site
I contacted North Coffee and went back and forth with them and received plenty of email and pictures. Big question is do they manufacture and where exactly is the factory? The electric machine would be under-powered at 110v but can be switched to 220v if I'm understanding them correctly.

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I chose 220V, cause NORTH COFFEE Staff said that if chose 110V, watt need to reduce 2500w and bake 1kg with 25 minutes. 220V3500W just need 15minutes. so i chose 220v machine, not 110V.