Coffee Equipment Recommendation!

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
@PinkRose
Hey Rose, here are the answers to your questions :p Hope this helps!

-"Where are you located?"

My location is in Illinois, United States. I am planning on opening a shop in California and Illinois.

-"When are you planning to open your coffee shop?"

I am planning on opening one coffee shop in roughly 2017. If that is successful another one in California.

"You say you want to buy "bulk starting equipment." What items in particular are you looking to buy?"
- By bulk I mean places I can buy multiple equipment from the same distributor. I.E. Containers for steam milk, Espresso shot glasses, Cup Sleeves, Cups, etc...

I am very experienced with coffee but not so with the equipment market. I know espresso machines pretty well, but I do not know good places to buy equipment from such as listed above. A lot to buy, not enough information from who! Thanks all!

I think you are running way ahead of yourself.
You are planning on opening a shop in 3 years. And you are already looking supply company.

1. You need to secure the space first
2. You need to make up your mind on who is going to supply beans. (roasted or unroasted)
3. Then you can look for the distributor of anything. Because some of the bean supplier have great deals on all of the things you are looking for at bare minimum price.

If you just looking for price to budget, rule of thumb of the equipment and is around 25000-75,000 depends on what you are going to purchase and size of the operation.
This does not include build out cost, rent or the interior decorations. Just the coffee related equipment.

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
What type of equipment are you looking for? Do you have a budget? Do you have an idea of what type of espresso machine your would like, super automatic? Partial auto? Many know I am a Synesso fan, you will not find these espresso machines on a sales website as it is a custom machine.

Since you have some time I suggest attending the SCAA show next year. Most all manufactures will be there so you can get some hands on.

If I were you coming up with a budget first will help making machine decisions. Almost all new business that fail are due to lack of backing.

Now if you still must shop for equipment you can use these two sites

Espresso Machines & Espresso Grinders - Espresso Parts

https://www.espressosupply.com

If you want to see some the machines I use more info: https://www.facebook.com/CenterStageCoffee

When your ready to buy beans I roast them :)

butterbescotch

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Again, not my thread, but I think this is the apt thread to ask also about coffee equipment recommendations.

It's only a plan, but we're planning to set up two storey coffee shop. The first floor is a casual setting, but while the second floor is like a book cafe. Generally, we plan to accommodate around 40 tables, with each table having a two tables.

I eyed this machine: Rocket Espresso Giotto Evoluzione Espresso Machine - V2

Is my choice reasonable?
Also this machine is semi-automatic. I have heard about manual, semi-automatic, fully automatic and super automatic. Is there any particular machine type that a typical coffee shop should favor to?

Thank you for the replies!