Cold Brew Container

solock

Mar 13, 2015
Lehigh Valley PA
Visit site
I use the commercial toddy system and prepare as follows.

5 #'s coffee, coarsely ground, 4 gallons of water, Steep for 12 hours (8-16, but I think that 12 is plenty based on taste.

This yields 3 gallons of concentrate, so thats 12 quart containers or 24 pints etc.

The concentrate to me tastes best at 3:1 over ice. 3 parts water, 1 part concentrate poured over ice.
Ive had people who have drank my concentrate and preferred it at 2:1 ~ 4:1 Likely the 4:1 was refrigerated as a ready to drink prepared in a pitcher so maybe no ice was in play, but play around with it.

Looking for ideas for pint or quart bottles in reasonable quantities that arent $1 each if anyone knows of any. Ball/Mason jars are what I use now, but they are in the neighborhood of $1 each, and that seems too high...

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Actually i just wanted to know how many table spoons for a one gallon container to make drinkable cold brew not concentrate

Do you need to make one gallon at a time? Do you drink that much iced coffee in a day?

Since you're only making a one-gallon container, you can always brew a couple of pots of strong coffee, and then let it cool it down for iced coffee. Just be sure it's cold before adding it to a glass of ice so the ice won't melt and weaken it.

Rose

Latest posts