Creamy Coffee

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Another quirk in the stain category is when you're wearing a shirt that has a pattern, like a white shirt with blue stripes, the coffee spill will land right on the white area. It seems like white material is a magnet for stains.

I think we touched on the physics of the spill in another thread lol..

But yes, wherever there is white, you are bound to spill. Unless of course you are drinking something that won't stain, then of course you won't spill anything...

Law of holiday dinners is to avoid white at all costs.. or at least stain in a pleasant pattern :D

I remember one Christmas (we were probably 6 or 7 all of us kids at the party) one cousin got cranberry sauce on her white dress... Well, it created a big red stain.. So we got together and decided we needed to help her, so we promptly got ourselves some hot cocoa with those little green marshmallows and proceeded to dab green on her dress as well, so she would be more festive :D

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Is that a true story or did you just make that up?

Tongue in cheek story, sounds better the way I tell it so we don't come off as just bratty kids LOL The way it "really" went down is she got the stain, we made fun of her, and well we all wound up getting a stain of some kind after that...

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Another quirk in the stain category is when you're wearing a shirt that has a pattern, like a white shirt with blue stripes, the coffee spill will land right on the white area. It seems like white material is a magnet for stains.

You are so right. I am a witness of this, lol since this has happened either personally with me or in front of me, at least half a dozen times. :wink: