Dangerous Grounds. Coffee adventure on TV.

Do you watch the TV show "Dangerous Grounds" ?

• Yes, and I am learning about the coffee industry while watching !

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Yes, and I wonder if the danger element is a little dramatic.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • No, I have not been able to watch.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • What TV show?

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Talk about overdone- He's roasting 100g 17min for cupping?
I've wondered about that with all his shows, plus the fact that no degassing, just roast, grind, drink immediately. Obviously his palate must be ridiculously good if he can pick put nuances or know that that cup will be great after beans are more properly roasted and degassed. Beans that haven't degassed have a not likable gassy/grass combo taste to them to me, but he must know what he's looking for even in a situation like that. Seems like a cool dude in real life though, even adopted I think 4 kids with his wife from his travels when overseas, think they were from Ethiopia.

Last edited:

artgecko

Apr 5, 2008
Alabama
Visit site
Well, it's been one week and still no coffee thanks to the "polar vortex" dumping snow here in GA (2" and everything grinds to a halt). Hopefully the extended ride on a cold ups truck won't ruin the flavor of the coffee. :(

I'll let you guys know what it tastes like when it eventually arrives.

** Edit** Coffee arrived today. I tried the Ethiopian Kaffa first. It was a light / medium roast (didn't say on the website). I'd say the description was accurate except that I didn't taste any body.. No oil, at least that I could tell (and I was making it with a french press). Not bad, but not spectacular by any means. I'll update again when I try the other varieties.

Last edited:

Latest posts