Hello From Canada

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
It is definitely great informations you provided. In my mind Web hulled was a better process and gave a nice blue taint to the beans. You popped my bubble :p better thing that I know exactly what it is about. This is a bit disapointing for Indonesian coffee. This is something to think about now as my only way to make it livable as a business is to make it as a premium product. :(

Indonesia/Wet Hulled beans are mostly used for espresso blend due to its heavy body and lack of acidity. You can not really use them for premium product (I guess you meant specialty coffee/micro lots) which demands much more money from customers.

I am not so sure whether you are familiar with specialty /micro/nano lot or not, but specialty coffee means 85 points & up on SCAA cupping scores. the coffee must have all the flavors & aromas that are required to be specialty coffee and some of the biggest flavors/aroma..etc are "sweetness, acidity and clean after taste..etc" which lack big time with Indonesian coffees.

that is why they people talk about the best countries for the best coffees.... Ethiopia, Kenya, Colombia & Guatemala in this order. (I think that you need to do some more research or study to do about specialty coffees)

If I were you, I would buy these great specialty grean beans from most reputable green bean importers in Canada and USA. Of course, pricing won't be cheap and you will have a lot of other roasters/retails to compete with. to say honestly, it won't be easy.

javanize.me

Mar 21, 2016
Montreal, Canada
Visit site
Indonesia/Wet Hulled beans are mostly used for espresso blend due to its heavy body and lack of acidity. You can not really use them for premium product (I guess you meant specialty coffee/micro lots) which demands much more money from customers.

I am not so sure whether you are familiar with specialty /micro/nano lot or not, but specialty coffee means 85 points & up on SCAA cupping scores. the coffee must have all the flavors & aromas that are required to be specialty coffee and some of the biggest flavors/aroma..etc are "sweetness, acidity and clean after taste..etc" which lack big time with Indonesian coffees.

that is why they people talk about the best countries for the best coffees.... Ethiopia, Kenya, Colombia & Guatemala in this order. (I think that you need to do some more research or study to do about specialty coffees)

If I were you, I would buy these great specialty grean beans from most reputable green bean importers in Canada and USA. Of course, pricing won't be cheap and you will have a lot of other roasters/retails to compete with. to say honestly, it won't be easy.

Hi Ensolana,

Once again, I thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise. This is very valuable to me and you are saving me from a potential pitfall. As such, I really appreciate your help.

I was effectively aiming a business concept where I would sell specialty coffee / micro lots. I hope to be able to find small isolated producer that aim to create a better coffee and doesn't necessary use wet hulled process. If I can find some, then that could become that category of product on the website. Now I will change the strategy and aim more for fair trade and sustainable product and if I can find these special producer add them as product micro lot specialty coffee.

Now with all that reality check, I think I won't concentrate only on Indonesian coffee for the specialty coffee and include like you said the coffee from the 4 regions you mentionned. My specialty coffee will include worldwide coffee while my eco responsible fair trade section will focus on Indonesia. I believe I can make it work while still mixing worldwide product. Anyway, all this learning phase and starting a business are still good material for a good blog article. :)

As per the guatemala coffee, do you do in the specialty coffee? I would be very happy to work with you.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Hi Ensolana,
As per the guatemala coffee, do you do in the specialty coffee? I would be very happy to work with you.

I am glad that my postings have been useful to you. that is all it counts.
as for me and my company, yes, we mostly handle very high grade specialty coffees. ENSOLUNA www.facebook.com/ensolunausa if you check my web & FB, you will have some idea.
as for working with me, I am very glad to hear that. However, in your case, there might be couple of problems buying from us.

one : min q'ty per order is about 20 bags/69kgs per bag. and average micro lot pricing is around $4.00 per pound. so your min order will be around $12,000.00 per order which will be bit too much for you.

second is shipping matter. as I said before, coffee is very difficult to consolidate with other goods or foods, so you need to find some coffee importer who will allow you to piggy bag your shipment into Canada to save the freight cost. and you need someone to clear customs in Canada and do the inland shipping for you.

anyway, thanks for your kindness and I really wish that you will be successful and if you have any other questions, please let me know.
Glad to be of your help.

costas

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello all the Canadian guys and here I am very much enjoy to engage my self fully to discuss about coffee with all the coffee lovers and really its cool and I just love to say all of you happy coffee day, is n't it guys. So whats up guys again. Ok from and than I will stay here will give much more time to deal about coffee with all of you..

wasd1

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Really want to go canada one day! Servicing Stop is another really good blogging site with updates all about different things to do with cars if you guys want to have a look :) P.S their main site also do Services/MOT's as well!