Hello from Florida

Tluna69

Sep 13, 2023
Florida
Visit site
New to the forum…. Have been in the coffee industry for a few years. Our daughter now has taken over the coffee business but we are trying to help her out.. She purchased a Diedrich IR2.5 roaster, in order to expand into that side of the business. We have use our IKAWA Pro V3 to gather profiles and information, but need help figuring out how to apply that information to our roaster.. Since our roaster is not fully automated, having a time figuring out how to merry the two…. Any help or contact information would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks again,
Tony

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I have yet to be able to replicate roast profiles from an Ikawa to my production roaster. And considering you are going from an air roaster in the Ikawa to drum roasting on the IR2.5 there are too many variables. I would consider the Ikawa only useful for sampling green for buying decisions. Focus time/energy on building profiles on your IR.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Nice! I am just south of Y'all. Musicphan hit it on the nose. Not going to be able to replicate. Trust me you will be much happier with the drum roaster over a hot air roaster. Post pics of your set up if you have a chance...love seeing other peoples set up.