How to import Colombian coffee

madimex

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
My fiance is an coffee enthusiast and a musician. He has an online store and because he loves coffee I suggested he think about creating his own brand and coupling the product with his music. Does anyone have any suggestions on how we should attempt to import coffee so that he could have product to brand and sell?

Good morning, I know one of the biggest companies in South America operating in Colombia, where they could processed and package your coffee according to what you want. You will have to buy at least a container to start with and then they can ship you as much coffee as you want on a monthly bases. Let me know if you are interested.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Good morning, I know one of the biggest companies in South America operating in Colombia, where they could processed and package your coffee according to what you want. You will have to buy at least a container to start with and then they can ship you as much coffee as you want on a monthly bases. Let me know if you are interested.

is that mean that they can vacuum pack or valve pack the roasted coffee with customer's own brand name and ship by a container (with min order of a container)?
or they only do this (branding with customer's brand) with green coffee?

MatthewS

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

My name is Matt. I'm a exporter based out of Medellin and I am currently putting together an export plan for coffee export out of Antioquia to Vancouver. I'd love to chat to swap notes and see if I can help you with your plans.

Send me a message and we can chat.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Hey guys,

My name is Matt. I'm a exporter based out of Medellin and I am currently putting together an export plan for coffee export out of Antioquia to Vancouver. I'd love to chat to swap notes and see if I can help you with your plans.

Send me a message and we can chat.

hi matt. I am also an exporter from Guatemala. Just curious ... why to Vancouver? Vancouver does not have a lot of green coffee importers. why don't you want to target your sales to more bigger and easier market? such as Taiwan, Korea, Australia and even USA?

mwtzzz

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
As i have heard, Bodhi carries some nice coffee. Recently my friend, Justin from Van Dyke, bought some Geisha from Esmeralda from them. it was totally magnificent. (probably great roasting got something to do with it also).
There's two main reasons for geisha's taste. One is the environment (type of bean, soil and altitude). The second is that, unlike with most coffee, the shell is not removed. The bean is picked, dried and roasted as-is without removing the shell or pulp inside.

Mllambo

Apr 9, 2017
Visit site

My name is Matt and I'm interested. Please send information. Thanks.

mwtzzz

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
My name is Matt and I'm interested. Please send information. Thanks.

We do not have anywhere near a container's worth of coffee to import, but we would be interested in paying someone to let us piggyback our small amount of coffee with their shipment.

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
All right........... I may be bringing a container from Colombia in the fall. I may not have enough "stuff" jaja to fill the container. It will be packed in Medellin for shipment to eastern Canada

mwtzzz

Jan 8, 2017
Visit site
All right........... I may be bringing a container from Colombia in the fall. I may not have enough "stuff" jaja to fill the container. It will be packed in Medellin for shipment to eastern Canada

I'm not talking about "stuff", I'm talking about coffee, thank you. Not everything that has to do with Colombia involves "stuff", ok?