Information Please: Petroncini 7K

Mr.GreenBean

Mar 5, 2018
CT
Visit site
I am looking at a 7K Peproncini (late 90s model).

I have not roasted on Peproncini, and wanted to hear any feedback you have regarding this brand. Not very common in US despite this company being almost 100 years old, and would appreciate any experiences you can share.

Thanks much.

JoeConiglioArmenia

Nov 10, 2017
NYC
Visit site
Petroncini*

Don't know any clients with one. The biggest question I would ask is where is the support? Even if independent how hard are parts to source god forbid it went down? I'm sure if they have been in business that long the roasters are good.

Mr.GreenBean

Mar 5, 2018
CT
Visit site
Hey Joe!

the group refurbishing tells me that the concerning wear and tear items (belts, fuses, motors, etc) are easily accessible through the usual channels for roasters. They are converting it to propane from natural, and I have seen one post stating that the company in Italy is pretty terrible with customer service. I imagine I would struggle slightly with any company that I did not purchase directly from, so any second hand unit runs similar risk in this regard.

I will just have to establish a good working relationship with this refurbishing group to make sure I can get parts as easily through them.

In theory...

Mr.GreenBean

Mar 5, 2018
CT
Visit site
Thanks Topher! I will do some digging and not mention any names. They have a location in Boston, so I will just say I loved their coffee or something.

Appreciate the lead!