Is coffee good for stoppng headaches?!?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Speaking of headaches. Years ago if I did not have coffee I would get a headache. It was on my days off that I realized it. I only drank coffee at the coffee shop I worked at back then. I drink anywhere from 1 to 2 pots a day now. On my days off I might not even have one cup. My wife and I go out to eat breakfast on our days off. I refuse to drink crappy coffee...I would rather not have any. My point is now when I do not have coffee I do not get headaches. I wonder why it doesn't hit me like it did 20 to 25 years ago. Weird.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Speaking of headaches. Years ago if I did not have coffee I would get a headache. It was on my days off that I realized it. I only drank coffee at the coffee shop I worked at back then. I drink anywhere from 1 to 2 pots a day now. On my days off I might not even have one cup. My wife and I go out to eat breakfast on our days off. I refuse to drink crappy coffee...I would rather not have any. My point is now when I do not have coffee I do not get headaches. I wonder why it doesn't hit me like it did 20 to 25 years ago. Weird.

It is strange that you don't get headaches now.

On your days off, so you eat or drink anything that has caffeine in it (chocolate, tea, sodas?) You just may just need a tiny amount of caffeine to keep the headaches away.

Rose

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Rose..I know right? I do not eat candy or drink tea. Sometimes I might have a soda but it's usually Root beer(caffeine free) Its weird but I am not complaining!

javacentral

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
It depends on the cause. Caffeine in coffee can help but sometimes stress can cause headaches as well as being dehydrated. Try drinking some water first and if that doesn't help, a couple Tylenol and a good cup o joe might help.

mantishugo

Oct 20, 2015
UK
Visit site
Sorry to ask but, I have been hearing a lot about green coffee beans, highly recommended for weight loss. Is it true or just a marketing hype? Has anybody here experienced weight loss by taking green coffee bean?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
It depends on the cause. Caffeine in coffee can help but sometimes stress can cause headaches as well as being dehydrated. Try drinking some water first and if that doesn't help, a couple Tylenol and a good cup o joe might help.

This morning, I woke up feeling like someone whacked me on the back of my head with a baseball bat. The headache was really annoying. Along with my breakfast, I had a huge cup of coffee and an Excedrin. Within about 15 minutes the headache was gone. That combination worked for me today.

Rose

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
This morning, I woke up feeling like someone whacked me on the back of my head with a baseball bat. The headache was really annoying. Along with my breakfast, I had a huge cup of coffee and an Excedrin. Within about 15 minutes the headache was gone. That combination worked for me today.

Rose

Are they tension headaches, I wake up with tension headaches and two ibuprofen and a cup of coffee work the best. If I don't do this it turns into a migraine. Years ago I was prescribed cafergot which is basically a caffeine pill but didn't work as well as coffee. I was also told to try water and even apples by a doctor but that didn't help.