Is this ground coffee still good ? It looks bad. How long does coffee stay good?

martinp53

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Hello!
I have coffee in small vacuum packages that are maybe 3 years old, I opened one and it has this white stuff in it, pretty sure it's mold.
It's Malawi AA coffee, from a tasters "favorites" coffee discovery package, it is dry and smells ok though.
Is it good or only good for garbage?

Thank you !!
coffee.png

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Hello!
I have coffee in small vacuum packages that are maybe 3 years old, I opened one and it has this white stuff in it, pretty sure it's mold.
It's Malawi AA coffee, from a tasters "favorites" coffee discovery package, it is dry and smells ok though.
Is it good or only good for garbage?
Thank you !!
View attachment 7283
TRY it out! if it is dry and smells okay in your opinion, i guess it might be okay for you to try out. if you feel that it is good, it is good. If not, Not. BTW, since it is vacuum packaged, even if the white stuff is mold, it shouldn't be harmful to you anyway.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Normal production vacuum packaging is going to leave enough air inside to cause staling to occur, likely within a few months...maybe a year tops. Three years? Not a chance will the beverage taste good. Best to add it to your compost and grind some freshly roasted coffee. Just my opinion.