Kaldi home roaster

Erik

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Came with Korean plug. .. bought a converter off Amazon for around $10..

Mine came in today. It turns out I had 2 different adapters that work - 12v 1 amp.

Pretty impressed with this thing. Only thing I am disappointed in is the thermometer. Seems slow and inaccuarate. But everything else is better than I hoped. I think this thing could do 3/4 lb easily. My first roast of 1/2 lb hit first crack at 9 minutes and I didn't have the gas up all the way.

Gabrriel

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, i'm interested in this roaster, i roast using air roaster at job, but want to try a drum one, i still don't understand, it comes with an ac/dc adaptor? Can be changed for an 110v adaptor?

Erik

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, i'm interested in this roaster, i roast using air roaster at job, but want to try a drum one, i still don't understand, it comes with an ac/dc adaptor? Can be changed for an 110v adaptor?

You need to supply your own adapter. I was going to buy one but found that I already had one sitting around that was the correct type. The motor is 12v 0.5 amp. The adapter supplied outputs is 12v .85 amp (but input is 220). The adapter I am using is 12v 1amp output. All you need to find is a 12v 0.5amp output or greater adapter. More amperage doesn't matter, so anything 12v >0.5amp works.

Note that the thermometer on this thing is worthless. I bought an ebay thermometer/thermocouple that works very well.

Gabrriel

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, everything sounds great :coffee1: Could you upload some more photos of the roaster? From below and inside the chamber hole