Little Help!: Looking for a 500g or 1kg roaster.

dchooo

May 17, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the links dchooo.
Yeah I think shipping will be a problem. I did check out a new one and the price was good but I'm familiar with this manufacture, any thoughts?
dd

Ill just say, a good roaster will make amazing coffee with any roaster.

dd66

Sep 20, 2019
Orlando, FL
Visit site
That is a sweet deal, got to check it out.
I've been looking at the BC Roasters BC-2 and possibly the BC-3.5. Still in the data gathering phase.

MillCityRoasters

Jun 25, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
Be wary of older MCR machines. The company was doing some "experimenting" and certain components tend to not work so well or dont work at all. What I mean is that their newer roasters are better made.

Fake news.

We've made many improvements and are arguably currently building the best coffee roasters ever for the production of speciality coffee. Historically, build quality has always been very much less of an issue than sale prices that attracted vast numbers of inexperienced owners. Clean your roaster, grease the bearings, roast some coffee, repeat and your machine will last nearly forever.

Don't believe me? Look it up for yourself. It's not like everything we or anyone else has ever done with our machines that isn't splashed across FB, Instagram, or YouTube.

Capture.JPG

Steve

dchooo

May 17, 2019
Visit site
Fake news.

We've made many improvements and are arguably currently building the best coffee roasters ever for the production of speciality coffee. Historically, build quality has always been very much less of an issue than sale prices that attracted vast numbers of inexperienced owners. Clean your roaster, grease the bearings, roast some coffee, repeat and your machine will last nearly forever.

Don't believe me? Look it up for yourself. It's not like everything we or anyone else has ever done with our machines that isn't splashed across FB, Instagram, or YouTube.

View attachment 10218

Steve

Yea, he is right. Disregard what I said.

dd66

Sep 20, 2019
Orlando, FL
Visit site
Actually, I have the MCR 1kg roaster on my short list, still gathering data on other roasters. I totally agree on "quality" over "low bidder" you'll always end up paying more in the long run. Thanks for the clarification on the MCR roasters.
dd

dchooo

May 17, 2019
Visit site
I've heard bescas are known to be one of the most sofisticated roasters on the market with cool gadgets but I heard that early on in my roasting days.

coffeesonar

Apr 20, 2019
Visit site
Besca roasters's design almost same with Yucel roasters from Turkey.

As far as I know, they used to sell the products of Yucel Roasters. Then they agreed with a worker who worked in Yucel Roasters and they copied their products. That's why I wouldn't offer you the Besca brand.

I came across "Besca commercial coffee roasters" they have a nice looking 1kg roaster. Is anyone familiar with this manufacture, any information will be greatly appreciated.
https://bescaroasting.agkautomation.com/shop-rosters/

Thanks
dd