Looking for a Sonofresco roaster

roybwilliams

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Got the Sono last week and hope to fire it up this weekend. I didn't realize how sturdy they were built. I can see now why they rate them for 24/7 use. Even the glass roast chamber weights a lot. :)

How is the Sonofresco still working out? I just got one this week but haven't got it set up yet. How much do you roast in it per week?

Burner0000

Apr 29, 2013
Cambridge ON, Canada
Visit site
Thanks guys! The machine is working well even though I clearly need a new sensor for it. I only roast for myself, friends and family so I have only done 2 back to back roasts so far. I can tell by the build and the roasting time + time to clean even with just a 1 lb machine I could launch my cafe with it no problem. 1.25 kg roasted only took me around 30 min. I plan to have 2more , 1 kg (7.5 lb capacity) machines in my shop eventually. They are however a bit loud but IMO quieter than a regular commercial drum roaster. I have no issue hearing cracks and I can easily place a probe in the roast chamber. I plan to roast multiple origins at a time so this will work out well. :)

roybwilliams

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I just got my brand new Sonofresco (1 lb) last week and it didn't work. I had to replace the temperature sensor. It works great now, Sean at Sonofresco was a big help. I have only tried it on a setting of "2" which took it through the 1st crack and a setting of "5" which took it well into the second crack. I'm afraid to see where "9" will go. Has anyone taken it this far? And what about "0", I hate to waste beans just to experiment.

Burner0000

Apr 29, 2013
Cambridge ON, Canada
Visit site
I just got my brand new Sonofresco (1 lb) last week and it didn't work. I had to replace the temperature sensor. It works great now, Sean at Sonofresco was a big help. I have only tried it on a setting of "2" which took it through the 1st crack and a setting of "5" which took it well into the second crack. I'm afraid to see where "9" will go. Has anyone taken it this far? And what about "0", I hate to waste beans just to experiment.

Neithe do I. BTW Sean is a cool guy to deal with. I got a new probe and a NG conversion kit. 1. I would roast light and if you are aiming for dark just watch the temp until it drops. 2. 9 Settings, 9 roasts temps Cinn 196'C, New Eng 205'C, American 210'C, City 219'C, Full City 225'C, Vienna 230'C, French 240'C, Italian 245'C, Spanish 250'C. Confirmed with Anne at Sono that each setting is each profile. The problem lies in the bean type. So you just have to aim for your roast temp and adjust by maybe 1 setting.

Example: Brazil. FC = Setting 5. If it roasts to light use setting 6. If to dark use 4.

Hope this helps and make sure the sensor is in the right place and keep it clean!

rscurrier

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Sonofresco 1.3 lb roaster available Thousand Islands NY

I am looking for a used Sonofresco to help get me started on a roasting business/cafe. 1 or 2 lb models I am willing to buy. Please PM me. I reside in Ontario Canada but am willing to pay shipping.

If you are still in the market for the roaster, I have one in excellent condition. It's the 1.3lb model, propane fired, fire engine red. No defects.

I'd be pleased to hear your offer.

Ryan