Looking to buy 5 kilo roaster - new or used..advice please - Ambex, US Roaster Corp

lachris

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Visit site
Sorry Coffeem - I've been so busy over the last two months I've had no time. Email me: coffee at smellthesmoke dot net

laChris

Last edited:

coffeem

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Well folks....I finally took the plunge and purchased a 5kg roaster from USRoaster. It should be arriving in a couple of weeks!!! Then its the install phase. I do have some questions about that, specifically venting....

What I would like to know is how many of you roasters out there are using grease vent piping on your roasters. And is this really required? I was thinking of using Duratech ClassA (double wall) UL103 tested, but it is not grease vent piping. Anyone using this?

Again thanks for everyone's input in helping me make a decision on which roaster to buy.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi "coffeem"

Congratulations! Now that you've made the decision and taken the plunge, you can focus on getting your roaster up and running when it arrives.

I'm glad you made a separate post/thread for your questions about the vent piping. That way, more people will see it, and you'll have a better chance of getting an answer to your questions.

Best wishes for a great relationship with your new roaster.

Rose

Last edited: