Mobile espresso truck/van?

beans

May 28, 2004
Visit site
Espreso911,

What brand/size generator do you have in the truck? I have heard that the Honda generators are the quietest and am leaning towards purchasing a 6000W Honda for my truck, but am curious on what other people are running.

drrule

Aug 13, 2004
Visit site
exhaust

For those that have a mobile unit with the generator in the vehicle.

Since you need to have the power on while driving between locations how do you exhaust?

beans

May 28, 2004
Visit site
I just assumed that you could run an exhaust hose either through a hole in the side of the truck or the back...when the truck is stopped at an event.

Do you have all of your coffee equipment secured down on tables? We are going to have everything in bins under the tables and once we stop, pull everything out and hook up to the power. Bolting everything down seemed like a pain considering that when we park the truck at the end of the day, we want to bring everything inside to clean and store.

drrule

Aug 13, 2004
Visit site
I figured it would need to heat up prior to getting on location. Takes 20 minutes for the espresso machine to get up to speed. I guess there is the option of just leaving the doors of the van open, get the boiler to temp, turning the power off then turn it back on once on location.

Other issue, noise.

fireant

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I am researching the different operational plans of espresso van operators.

What is the contract that espresso van operators talk about? Does this allow you on th property to sell on a "per drink" basis? Or is this a contract where you charge a business a set fee per month and then provide a specific # of drinks per day?

Any information would be appreciated.