Moka pot or Aeropress

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I like that you mention the reuse option...is this because they are difficult to find, or is this from a reduce, reuse, recycle perspective? My only concern would be any offtastes attributable to the trapped oils in the reused filter.

The easy cleanup is one of the great features of the Aeropress. The filters for the Aeropress are inexpensive. I can't imagine ever wanting to rinse them out and reuse them.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The easy cleanup is one of the great features of the Aeropress. The filters for the Aeropress are inexpensive. I can't imagine ever wanting to rinse them out and reuse them.

Neither can I Rose. I remember when the laser etched micro-pore brew baskets first came out...I had to have one. Then the taste of the rancid accumulation of oils kicked in and it was bye-bye forever to metal filters for Peaberry! I also rinse out my paper filters with hot water before loading the grounds...yes, I'm a spaz...not to offend any other spazzes out there, just sayin'...

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Mr. Peaberry, I am not sure I know what those are. Is that like Able Brewing's KONE filters or something else?

Yes, except I'm not exactly sure that their SS product retains as much in the way of coffee oils as the original metal baskets which were made from a plated sheet metal. Like I said, I said good bye forever. Perhaps the issue is resolved, but I'm fine with paper as long as I run hot water through it before using.

Latest posts