My favorite dessert with my coffee is...

grndslm

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Best. Recipe. EV. AR. !!!!!

Sour Cream King Cake
(A Southern Living Recipe)

Makes 2 cakes (about 18 servings)
Prep: 30 min.; cook: 10 min.; stand: 5 min.; rise: 1 hr. 30 min.; bake: 16 min.

1 (16 oz. container sour cream
1/3 cup sugar
¼ cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
Cook first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring often, until butter melts. Set aside, and cool mixture to 100° to 110° F.

2 (1/4 oz.) envelopes active dry yeast
½ cup warm water (100° to 110° F.)
1 tablespoon sugar
Stir together yeast, warm water, and sugar in a 1-cup glass measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.

2 large eggs, lightly beaten
6 to 6 ½ cups bread flour (I used all purpose flour)
Beat sour cream mixture, yeast mixture, eggs, and 2 cups of flour at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until smooth. Reduce speed to low, and gradually add enough remaining flour (4 to 4 ½ cups) until a soft dough forms.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes). Place in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top.
Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until dough is doubled in bulk.
Punch down dough, and divide in half. Roll each portion into a 22x12-inch rectangle. Spread with preferred filling.

Cream cheese filling

Beat ¾ cups sugar, 2 (8oz.) package of softened cream cheese, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and one large egg at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on each dough rectangle, leaving 1-inch borders.

*Roll up each dough rectangle, jelly-roll fashion, starting at 1 long side. Place one dough roll, seam side down, on lightly greased baking sheet. Bring ends of roll together to form an oval ring, moistening and pinching edges together to seal. Repeat with second dough roll.
Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 20 to 30 minutes or until dough is doubled in bulk.
Bake at 375° for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden. Slightly cool cakes on pans on wire racks (about 10 minutes). Drizzle Creamy Glaze evenly over warm cakes; sprinkle with colored sugars, alternating colors and forming bands. Let cool completely.
Creamy Glaze (even if you don’t make the King Cake, this is the best tasting glaze ever!)
3 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 to 4 tablespoons milk
Stir together first 4 ingredients. Stir in 2 tablespoons milk, adding additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until spreading consistency.

You may use the following filling in place of the cream cheese.

1/3 cup butter, softened
½ cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon

After rolling dough into rectangles, spread 1/3 cup softened butter evenly on each rectangle, leaving a 1-inch border. Stir together ½ cup sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle evenly over butter on each rectangle. *Then continue as per the instructions for the cream cheese filling.

Ingredient list:
1 (16oz.) container sour cream,
1/3 cup sugar
¼ cup butter
1 teaspoon salt
2 (1/4 oz.) envelopes active dry yeast
½ cup warm water
1 tablespoon sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
6 to 6 ½ cups bread flour (I used all purpose flour)
¾ cup sugar
2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 large egg
2 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 to 4 tablespoons milk

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Are you thinking of the traditional Oreo cookies?

They're great with milk, and they taste great with coffee too. The chocolate cookie brings out the flavor of many types of coffee. However, I wouldn't think of dunking the Oreos in my coffee like I dunk them in milk.

Rose

CoffeeMate

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Edward,

That is a great question! For me it's anyting sweet. EXCEPT Little Debbie anything. I HATE THAT LINE OF DESERTS WITH A PASSION; ever since my younger days :-x.

I guess it was the artificial sweetners they used way back when. Then about five years ago, I gave them another go and "Blaah" the taste was the same.

I just can't do little Debbie my friend.

:coffee: Cheers

coffeeluvrsunited

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Cranberry Yogurt Coffee Cake

Good timing here. I just posted a recipe for my favorite dessert to go along with my coffee. You're gonna love it!!

Ingredients:
1 pkg (box) of yellow cake mix
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding (3 & 3/4 oz)
1 cup plain yogurt
1 can whole cranberry sauce
4 eggs
1/4 cup veg. oil
1/2 cup nuts (probably walnuts are best)

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Grease and flour a 9″x13″x2″ pan. Blend cake pkg, pudding pkg, eggs, yogurt, & oil. Beat with mixer on high for 3 minutes. Spread 2/3 of the batter in the pan. Spoon cranberry sauce evenly over it. Spoon remaining batter over the cranberry sauce. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 55 to 60 minutes. Cool on rack for 35 minutes.
Now pour your favorite roasted coffee into your favorite cup and once the cake has cooled down….ENJOY!!

CoffeeMate

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I may have just found a new favorite.

Good timing here. I just posted a recipe for my favorite dessert to go along with my coffee. You're gonna love it!!

Ingredients:
1 pkg (box) of yellow cake mix
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding (3 & 3/4 oz)
1 cup plain yogurt
1 can whole cranberry sauce
4 eggs
1/4 cup veg. oil
1/2 cup nuts (probably walnuts are best)

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Grease and flour a 9″x13″x2″ pan. Blend cake pkg, pudding pkg, eggs, yogurt, & oil. Beat with mixer on high for 3 minutes. Spread 2/3 of the batter in the pan. Spoon cranberry sauce evenly over it. Spoon remaining batter over the cranberry sauce. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake 55 to 60 minutes. Cool on rack for 35 minutes.
Now pour your favorite roasted coffee into your favorite cup and once the cake has cooled down….ENJOY!!
This sounds delicious! Me thinks me will try it
:coffee:

Latest posts