Orange Coffee:

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
What the heck? Why I have got so lazy in life? See, which weekend I was talking about? I haven't tried orange coffee till now.
I have been really really sluggish recently and that is NOT good actually. I am compromising over my coffee due to my laziness, aaaahhhhhh......
;-)

Even though Halloween is over, that sounds wonderful. I work at a coffee house & we have flavored syrups I will have to try this indeed. I can image what it takes like, time after time I have looked at the orange & wondered what it would taste like & since reading the recipe I think I just might. Thank you for sharing this, I know I appreciate it very much.

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Believe me, this coming weekend which is just one day away from now, I am going to try orange coffee. I will compromise all other commitments but will not let this weekend go without tasting orange coffee. This is a solemn promise from me with me. lol......:coffee1:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
make sure what you are using doesn't contain citric aci. It will curdle the milk. You have to be careful with Monins Irish cream as well. It contains citric acid and will make lattes chunky. I suggest using Godiva liqueur and cointreau liqueur...it will warm you up.

MyMugsHalfFull

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
So, are you going out to buy a whole bottle of orange liquor, or are you buying orange syrup, or are you just going to put orange juice in your coffee?

I sincerely hope he doesn't drink the whole bottle first if he does :S

Orange juice in the coffee... Haven't tried that, just the liqueur. Something else to experiment with. :)

dstrand

Apr 25, 2012
SF Bay Area
Visit site
You have mentioned elsewhere that you worked as a Barrista, so you can vouch for orange liquere in coffee... :) What would you recommend as a liquere? I am no expert, and just basically throw in what I can find.. But what is the official one used? :)

I just squeezed the juice from half an orange into the cup, and then added the other ingredients. You can add orange flavored syrup if you prefer. To ratchet up the decadence, you can add whip cream on top, and then sprinkle orange zest. Makes for a really nice presentation.

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
So, are you going out to buy a whole bottle of orange liquor, or are you buying orange syrup, or are you just going to put orange juice in your coffee?

So first of all, I am really sorry for replying pretty late in this thread. This thread actually lost somewhere among other threads and I just found out that i had to post in here.
This past week, what I did to make orange coffee was that I put some orange juice into my coffee and ruined a whole cup of coffee, lol......I mean as soon as I put orange juice into the coffee, it got curdled and turned into something strange, which could not be orange coffee, not even the coffee.
:coffee1:

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
make sure what you are using doesn't contain citric aci. It will curdle the milk. You have to be careful with Monins Irish cream as well. It contains citric acid and will make lattes chunky. I suggest using Godiva liqueur and cointreau liqueur...it will warm you up.

Lol, OMG, I wish I had read your post before trying that. I actually ended up doing exactly what you feared, lol, lol.......:D The coffee drink got completely curdled and my coffee fun was ruined as I had to make another fresh cup of coffee.
What a man I am, lol.......
:wink:

rohitlumar

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I read the concept of orange coffee and tried it. Really it taste good. Thanks for sharing the new concept. I read the recipe of orange and try it immediately. :)

LavyGarcia

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Halloween is upon us, and I wanted to share a recipe that was pretty darned good for orange coffee :)

Take your favorite roasted coffee and add a dash (1 oz or less, depends on your personal taste) of orange liqueur. Sounds weird, tastes great.

It also goes really well with pumpkin pie :)

You can add whipped cream to the top if you want, but I like it with just the orange.

For those who are more adventurous you can also add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg to the mix too.

Unfortunately Halloween gone past but I just taste it there in my friend's home at new year night.It was really unique in taste.It make me really fresh too.