Roasting Profiles

TonyDiCorpo

Apr 18, 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
Would it be appropriate to suspect that a low coastal elevation or a higher mountain top elevation would influence the profile?

It will all affect your roast. The key is to get enough experience and hours in roasting taking detailed notes so you can anticipate and give an educated guess when certain conditions change. A great thing to get is a moisture meter and test your green before roasting to see what the moisture level is and adjust accordingly.

bamabeaner

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Stop by Ambex's booth and check into training courses that are offered in Clearwater Florida. If Ambex isn't at the convention talk to Don at Roasting Authority. Good luck!
Topher

I was wondering how the SCAA Expo went in Houston this past weekend. I was planning on attending, but mother nature had other plans for me. Living in Tuscaloosa, I had to stay and help those in need. I sure was looking forward to meeting some of you in Houston that have been a part of this thread. Our time will come. God bless.

CJevens

Apr 18, 2011
Arlington, Va
Visit site
Would it be appropriate to suspect that a low coastal elevation or a higher mountain top elevation would influence the profile?

I would think that would absolutely effect the beans. I dont have enough experience to say if the roasting profile would be (widely) effected. I also know that sun exposure seems to make a difference too, meaning the amount of shade a tree gets has an impact.

Pink_House: Where are you in Baltimore? I plan to head up that way to check out a couple coffee operations. I'd like to get a chance to talk.

Randy G.

May 8, 2008
California
Visit site
I had a great time at the show meeting up with a lot of folks for the first time who knew me from my website and work on the various forums on which I post. There was a lot to see. I have my own review of the show (Chapter 119) on my website.. check it out. I particularly concentrate on basic, simple items that make great coffee. As always, nothing for sale (for profit, anyway- I am selling my Espresso shirt and 100% of the markup, $3 per item goes to CoffeeKids.org), no advertising - just lots of useful information and a 120 chapter blog.