San Fran SF6 Owners! Advice needed.

CoffeeTec

Oct 4, 2018
Wild West
Visit site
Hard to define "production schedule" if they are not fabricating the SF6 in-house anymore? The positive is that it will be a better part coming from the outside vendor. In the meantime you and your welder buddy should start to digest the concept of installing the air-flow control... look at the photos in the manual and perhaps find someone else in CT who has an SF roaster. Ben's Beans??? If you can't find an SF6 nearby the parts and function are basically the same on a SF1 and SF25, just different in scale. When you have your roaster disassembled, a great time to clean your x-over pipe and hopper assembly too!

And while you have that assembly off your roaster, it would not hurt to beef up the weld on the hopper gate attached to the feed throat lever. Those break.

So what, no karaoke video from the wedding?

Last edited:

Mr.GreenBean

Mar 5, 2018
CT
Visit site
Lol! Sorry. Been scrambling to organize a half marathon for this Sat, and now have to cancel it on our 700 participants due to hazardous weather.

No karaoke, but did get to experience an event where Fantasy Grandma was in attendance.

Welder is installing the damper tomorrow. I do have a buddy with a SF1 in NH, and he too is getting divots on dark roasts. It's an odd conundrum if the ror is too fast, yet if the ror is too slow I am roasting a delicious cup of hot cardboard.

I will track down Ben's Beans and give them a visit.

CoffeeTec

Oct 4, 2018
Wild West
Visit site
Fantasy Grandma? OK, I am really hoping this is just a cute little ole lady who makes outfits for cats?

Please have your welder friend take pictures of the process so that you can share the procedure... both good and bad.

I've worked with people who have owned brand new roasters for months and had no idea what the air-flow was for and how it operated.