What do you drink your coffee out of?

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
Hot, strong and black. LOL I have accumulated a number of mugs through the years. My favorites are ones I got each time I hit an incremental 5 gallon blood donation when I lived in Houston, TX years ago. But currently, I used an 18 oz. plastic insulated mug my wife gave me that celebrates Alabama's last national championship. I love my Bama football even more than coffee!

Bob_E

Dec 14, 2013
Michigan
Visit site
I drink my coffee black. If I'm at home I prefer a ceramic mug. I also prefer white mugs because it makes them easier to clean since the coffee stains can easily be seen.
If I'm not at home the container has to have a lid. I prefer a disposable styrofoam cup over a plastic travel mug. I had a glass lined metal travel mug once that I really liked, but the handle and lid were plastic. First the handle broke off, I just started holding it like a styrofoam cup. Then a chunk of the lid broke off preventing it from sealing or staying in place. So, I threw in the towel and chucked it.

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
99.99% of the time- ceramic mug(pre-heated as PinkRose suggested). I used to drink black only. But as I have gotten older, I "half to half", my half & half,
No milk, sugar, or flavoring, thank you.

I use the same ss starbux mug as RedlandRoaster, but I didn't buy it. Someone left it at my house a few years ago and I've somehow managed to keep up with it. I pour hot water in it while my coffee's brewing so it doesn't steal too much heat. My dad uses a slim 16oz ss thermos that keeps his warm for a longlong time. Plastic users should beware of BPA as hot liquids tend to extract that stuff from the mug to your beverage :/

Monte

Zimmy

Dec 19, 2013
Chicago, IL
Visit site
My go to mug is a 10oz d'ANCAP ceramic... Nice thick walls and small enough so that coffee doesn't get overly cold during the process...

I prefer coffee black... ~125ºF... Medium to light roast so the complexities of the coffee are not masked...

As far as varietal and flavor profile, that changes depending on time of day... I like a more carmel/chocolate profiled cup in the morning and a fruitier cup in the afternoon/evening...

Favorite espresso based beverage is a traditional 6oz cappuccino...

Cheers!
Chris Zimmerman
Co-Owner/Operator Ellipsis Coffeehouse

Ronc23

Oct 1, 2013
Michigan
Visit site
I like the good ol ceramic mug with paper/cardboard a close second. For me...anything from a metal (sometimes plastic)mug alters the taste of the coffee.

I like my my coffee with some milk (2%\whole), once in a while straight black pending what I'm drinking..

Immersetnick

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I like the have options & control over in creating my perfect cup of coffee so we created Immerset. An invention that combines both French Press & Pour Over. You have control over grind density, immersion time and flow.

tmcc

Apr 14, 2014
Texas
Visit site
Unlike wine glasses where there are very specific glasses for the various types of wines, I don't think it makes a difference whether you drink your coffee from a mug, cup or glass fruit jar.