Your DARK ROAST recommendations???

MichelleB

Dec 8, 2019
North Carolina
Visit site
I am looking for dark roast recommendations for my husband. He grinds his beans and uses pour over method. He also uses k-cups at times.
His favorite whole bean coffee is San Francisco Bay French Roast.
His current favorite in K-Cup is Kauii Na Pali Coast dark roast.
He tried a K-Cup called Death Wish but said it was too much caffeine.
Any recommendations???
Thank you!

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
I am going on my second pound of Bluestone Coffee Sumatra Takengon. It is a dark roast and I brew it in a french press. It's the best coffee beans I've found since I became infatuated with coffee. Bluestone is a small roaster located near me. I was told that the bags they sell may sit for no more than 3 days before selling. So I know that the beans I'm getting have been roasted that week that I bought it. I think it would probably make a tasty cup of pour over as well.

shadow745

Top Poster Of Month
Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I'm going to be bias and suggest my Dark Roast blend.... people love it. Its a Peru base so its smooth and a touch sweet, with a bit of Sumatra for additional body and bold flavor.

https://www.encorecoffeeco.com/products/melody-dark-roast-blend

Out of curiosity what roast level would you consider that? I find that I like all coffees I roast around full city as that gives coffee/roast notes and a touch of acidity to keep it alive. Have also been favoring dry processed coffees to give me the bold/rustic 'low end notes' and heavy body. I find most washed coffees too clean and thin... I roast specifically for espresso FWIW.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Out of curiosity what roast level would you consider that? I find that I like all coffees I roast around full city as that gives coffee/roast notes and a touch of acidity to keep it alive. Have also been favoring dry processed coffees to give me the bold/rustic 'low end notes' and heavy body. I find most washed coffees too clean and thin... I roast specifically for espresso FWIW.

I'm on the 'lighter' side of dark roast... I drop just before the first snap of 2nd crack its Full City / Full City+. I have to restate... it's not Sumatra I add... its Brazil & Colombia (for acidity). Peru & Colombia are washed, Brazil is a pulp natural. People really love the blend... it's super smooth, a touch of sweetness.

Latest posts