2023 Amazon Prime Day Deals!

dascrow

Administrator
Staff member
amazon-prime-deal.png

With numerous Amazon Prime deals anticipated in the coming days, I thought it would be beneficial to start a thread where we can discuss and share potential deals that may interest our community. Let's keep each other posted!

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
It's so convenient it's hard for me to cut them out.
I get it... but when you look into their business practices, you may think twice (or at least I did). The straw that broke the camel's back was when they lost $2000 worth of coffee (I was selling on their platform), and they could give two shits that they lost it (and I had proof of delivery). I couldn't even get anyone engaged to help. They came back almost 1.5 years later and said, "Hey, we found your product, but it's expired now, and we can't sell... we can destroy this for you or return it on your dime"...

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I get it... but when you look into their business practices, you may think twice (or at least I did). The straw that broke the camel's back was when they lost $2000 worth of coffee (I was selling on their platform), and they could give two shits that they lost it (and I had proof of delivery). I couldn't even get anyone engaged to help. They came back almost 1.5 years later and said, "Hey, we found your product, but it's expired now, and we can't sell... we can destroy this for you or return it on your dime"...
Even as just a periodic buyer I don't bother with them that much. I have found some quality items that I couldn't source elsewhere and 'take advantage' of the free 30 day Prime or even buy 1 week for like $2 when available. My main beef with them is the very lenient return policy as no doubt many things are slapped back on the shelf without being inspected and the next buyer ends up with open/used crap advertised as being new in the box. Also, get tired of the constant 'Amazon Best Seller' reviews that mean nothing as most is likely falsified or based on free product evaluation to boost recommendation. To put it mildly, billionaires achieve what they do by pretty much any means necessary and it damn sure isn't for the good of mankind!

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Even as just a periodic buyer I don't bother with them that much. I have found some quality items that I couldn't source elsewhere and 'take advantage' of the free 30 day Prime or even buy 1 week for like $2 when available. My main beef with them is the very lenient return policy as no doubt many things are slapped back on the shelf without being inspected and the next buyer ends up with open/used crap advertised as being new in the box. Also, get tired of the constant 'Amazon Best Seller' reviews that mean nothing as most is likely falsified or based on free product evaluation to boost recommendation. To put it mildly, billionaires achieve what they do by pretty much any means necessary and it damn sure isn't for the good of mankind!
Their lenient return policy is changing due to the abuse... all returned products are liquidated - nothing goes back in stock. Tell me someone isn't getting screwed if they can afford to liquidate all returns at .10 on the dollar. And they do little/nothing to stop counterfeit products. I recently bought a small piece of equipment which was from a premium French brand. When I got it it was clear plastic wrapper vs. professional packaging which made me question the authenticity. I called the French company and they confirmed it was a fake. Amazon wouldn't acknowledge or attempt to stop this seller from selling. Purchased a Kalita wave several years ago from them - fake.