_Up and Coming_

Kim_FL

Jul 15, 2006
Visit site
local roaster

I'm in Crestview, FL and have been thinking about opening up a coffee shop. If you ever go into FWB, go to Ft. Walton Restaurant Equipment company and talk with Lisa Kattine (They're on perry ave.). I just spoke with her last week and she apparently helps people set up coffee shops. She told me she'd charge 30 bucks an hour for her services, but I figured I could use her to figure out exactly what I needed, then do all the work myself. It might be worth your time to go see her. She knew all kinds of local contacts. She told me that Dan Bailey with Amavida coffee out of Santa Rosa county had VERY good coffee. They have a website so you can check them out if you want (Amavida.com). Just thought this info might help you! Hope everything is running somewhat smoothly :)

caffee-junkie

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
I dont own a shop, but i know that kids coming in to have 1 cup of coffee and hang out is bad. you definitely want to be located in a more mature area with a higher cultural stand point. Iv seen 3 coffee shops in my town go since the town is made up of mostly kids and parents.