Anybody familiar with Lavazza coffee?

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
It has been a long time since I drank Lavazza - see earlier post in this thread - probably about 6 years. We're moving house and forgot to bring coffee to the new one - you know how it is, you're moving and some stuff is there and some stuff is here and when you're there you need what's at the other place and vise-versa. That was a sin we paid dearly for because we decided to sleep at the new place (it's over an hour drive between the two houses so it didn't make sense to drive back just to get coffee). We got a few groceries near home and my son bought a brick of Lavazza. I tried making it three different ways and each time it was bad. Way too much Robusta, and just bad (I don't mind Robusta, our Buzz Bomb blend has a fair amount in it but it tastes nothing like Lavazza). A harsh taste that just lingers and lingers in your mouth. I probably would have been better off with the headache I sometimes get if I don't get my morning cup. I certainly would have been better off making the drive back to the old house.

Last edited: