Barista and roasting training

makjava

Sep 3, 2004
Visit site
Thumbs Up

Hey, Java Lover, I think I know which coffee shops you own & just want to say thumbs up - you ARE the best in Omaha !!
Java Lover said:
I know this is a dated discussion, but I just joined the forum today....

I believe the coffee shop "mania" that's going on right now wouldn't be there if it weren't for Starbucks, so I feel grateful to them for opening the eyes of the public.

I own three coffee shops (not Starbucks), and I just want to give all you "little" coffee shop owners like myself some hope. Our shops have won the "Best of Omaha" title for two years in a row now, even though there are several Starbucks in town. How do we do it?? Besides offering great espresso drinks and brewed coffee, we also offer the customers a smile!! That's right, something as simple as GREAT customer service will bring the customers back, as long as you're providing them with a product that's at least as good as the competition.

Java Lover

Aug 31, 2004
Omaha, NE
Visit site
Hey Makjava,

Thanks for the thumbs up, if you are in deed thinking of the coffee shops I own (which are Scooters Java Express). There are actually about 15 of them in Omaha right now, and I own three. If you were thinking of another coffee shop, then kudos to them!!

Keep enjoying that java, no matter where you go!!

Java Lover

makjava

Sep 3, 2004
Visit site
Java Lover, I did know that you were referring to Scooters - definately the best in Omaha ! Scooters is my first stop everytime I come into town. I have been playing with the idea of starting my own coffee drive-thru. In fact, I have talked with Don E. a few times about it. If you could give a "newcomer" one piece of advice, what would it be ?
Java Lover said:
Hey Makjava,

Thanks for the thumbs up, if you are in deed thinking of the coffee shops I own (which are Scooters Java Express). There are actually about 15 of them in Omaha right now, and I own three. If you were thinking of another coffee shop, then kudos to them!!

Keep enjoying that java, no matter where you go!!

Java Lover