Best process for great coffee at home?

richedie

Jan 25, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for the tips! My issue is more if I have 4 or more people who want coffee and I need to keep it hot from the start without any of it cooling...so I gues a carafe is the best way...this way people don't have to drink the coffee right away. This would work with a drip and poured into a carafe. I notice my coffee starts to change flavor rapidly as it cools in the glass pot. French Press and Perc coffe also change rapidly in taste due to grounds being in the brew.

I may look at one of those Aerobie things or maybe one of those new coffee makers on Green Mountain Roasters website. That brewer now allows for your own ground coffee!

unit_number_43

May 8, 2006
Pennsylvania
Visit site
The filter in a drip will suck out the oils in the coffee, which in my opinion makes it taste watery and thin. The french press is the way to go for my money, sure it takes 4 minutes to steep but the flavor is unbeatable. I get some sludge in my cup, but coffee is like beer you don't drink the bottom of the bottle.

richedie

Jan 25, 2005
Visit site
I am not sure what to think but I get strong flavorful coffee with the drip, but lately have gone back to the French Press. I also use the Percolator from time to time...but it is inconsistent. About the French Press - I just ordered a new mesh filter piece because ours is 8 years old and out of shape. Other than that it is all original. I also see some companies make an extra filter to use on a French Press. This would be in addition to the steel mesh filter. There is also a company now making a pull pot, which pulls the grounds up and out! With the right grind and filters you can get strong, rich coffee. Check out the new Melitta flavor brew filters.

I am ordering a new Aerobi Press as it is supposed to be strong like a French Press but smoother and faster.